noob questions about shaving sticks

• Thread starter Deleted member 2936
  • Start date

R181

Grumpy old man
If your shave stick does not come with a container just us a prescription pill container of the right size.

Bob

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
If your shave stick does not come with a container just us a prescription pill container of the right size.

Bob
I don’t think we get the right sort of container, normally pills are blister packed. When they have been in a container it’s more like a bottle with a narrow neck.

R181

Grumpy old man
I don’t think we get the right sort of container, normally pills are blister packed. When they have been in a container it’s more like a bottle with a narrow neck.
Yep, you don't get the same pill containers we do. Here blister packs usually go to people who have trouble opening pill containers or have memory problems.

Bob

D

Deleted member 2936

so you know how you can use a shaving stick, say for example an arko one and you can mould it to fit nicely at the bottom of a shaving bowl/mug etc, i was wondering whats the largest showing bowl/mug you lot have put it in?

ive got a bit of a bigger copper shaving bowl which has a diameter of 17cm (see pics in thread below)

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
so you know how you can use a shaving stick, say for example an arko one and you can mould it to fit nicely at the bottom of a shaving bowl/mug etc, i was wondering whats the largest showing bowl/mug you lot have put it in?

ive got a bit of a bigger copper shaving bowl which has a diameter of 17cm (see pics in thread below)
I would say, before you press the stick into a bowl, use it as a stick for a while. The results might surprise you. Personally, I am not going back to bowl lathering as I prefer the hassle-free experience and better results that my Tabac stick gives me. Not counting the one I am using at the moment, I have 17 more on the shelf. No need to look any further :D

D

Deleted member 2936

Got around to using the boots shaving stick, actually quite good to be fair but I prefer Arko, this boots one doesn't have that strong of a scent, bit of a stronger scent and I would've enjoyed it more tbh

Vacumatic

Testy
There was a home brew recipe for your own shaving soap. Grate a shaving stick, add a little water so that the grated soap is covered, add a squirt of aerosol shaving gel if you have some, stir it up, add the mixture to a large oven proof container, something like a pyrex jug. Put it in a medium oven for 10 minutes, be prepared that this will expand about 4x original volume, allow to cool when it should become solid. Add to a shaving bowl, a spoonful should last at least two weeks.

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
There was a home brew recipe for your own shaving soap. Grate a shaving stick, add a little water so that the grated soap is covered, add a squirt of aerosol shaving gel if you have some, stir it up, add the mixture to a large oven proof container, something like a pyrex jug. Put it in a medium oven for 10 minutes, be prepared that this will expand about 4x original volume, allow to cool when it should become solid. Add to a shaving bowl, a spoonful should last at least two weeks.
Will that cover tallow based sticks as well? Speick comes to mind; while it is adequate but I can do with some more slickness.