Noble Otter shaving soap

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
It is difficult to get caught, unless the customs suspect the real price of the products which is also difficult.

Ok, If the package has inside 10 soaps, it will be heavy so they will suspect that the price won't be 15.95.

Didn't you like either the Glissant base or the Donkey Milk from Wholly Kaw Rowlers?
I could be wrong, but I'm sure I read somewhere that Maggard Razors limits their soaps to four to qualify.

D

Deleted member 1881

If you haven't tried NO soap, don't buy 4 at once. Buy one and try.
Also maggard carries lots of sampkes which is a great way to try stuff first.
Also there's shavedash in UK as a good source of samples.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Yeah, no way to buy 4, I did it with 3 soap samples from the US.

Glissant Grand Chypre
Wholly Merchant of Tobacco
Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash

Fantastic soaps, I ordered a Seville which was cheaper than Grand Chypre and I'm about to grab the King of Oud from Wholly. The scent of the sample was not so good. Not bad, but..

Stircrazy

Forum GOD!
Thanks for this. Yes,I was thinking about it, but get the impression that the scents are quite muted, so still on the fence at the moment. I have Stirling soaps on the go at the moment and love the strong scent.

D

Deleted member 1881

Before you go buying American Artisan soaps I would try our home grown Artisan offerings. Wickham and OSP both produce superb shaving soap with great scents and offer really good value too. Just a thought.
Dont forget Phoenix & Beau. Sometimes tricky to lather, but good soap.

Blackmass

Forum GOD!
Hi, does anybody have any thoughts on this American artisan, and where if possible in the UK to buy?
Noble Otter soaps are very good, not the best of the best but very good, which is high praise coming from me. Laffin! The soap is easy to lather with a great sheen. It’s slick with a decent amount of cushion/protection.

If you do a search, the main (minor) complaint squared at NO is the strength of their scents. Yes some of their scents are on the mild side but I wouldn't let it put you off. My personal favourite is Monarch, think along the lines of a classy cologne. The scents themselves are some of the best out there. It’s difficult for artisans to judge how strong to make their soaps as we all have different preferences.

They do pop up quite frequently on BST so keep an eye out on there. Again don’t let that put you off. We buy so many soaps (the majority) of the time it has nothing to do with performance.

If you're thinking of placing an order with Maggards (highly recommended BTW) I would recommend you try something from Declaration Grooming too. IMHO up there with the best soaps I’ve used to date.

Cheers
Rob