Nivea products - what is it with me?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Hectorsgaf, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Over the years I have tried many different Nivea post shave products and EVERY time they cause some sort of reaction with me , skin wise. I do not get this with any other product. I can only compare it to an adverse reaction I get if I put suntan OIL on. Something that I would never do again. After a few years avoiding them I tried the 2 Phase protect and care shake it up job recently after it arrived as a half bottle freebie, in true ATG style, from a BST seller. My god, the same problem with this too after all this time. I can only conclude I hate the stuff : or it hates me. Surely though I would have something similar from at least one other of all the many many many products I have tried out? A half bottle here if anybody wants it but I can see why it is SO cheap.

2. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

That was from me I think? Sorry :happy:

Yeah I couldn't get on with it either, caused me to break out / gave me pimples for some unknown reason... Much like yourself I don't get on with their balms either. That said, I use their "creme" (original/blue tin) just fine.

3. Just read back and you are spot on.. It WAS you. :D I queried it at the time and you were on the very same wavelength then . You are also spot on though with the description. It 'gives you pimples'. They say peep's mileage varies but for me Nivea is a BIG no no and it is not through lack of trying.

Cheers JAMES

4. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Forum Clod!

Have a couple of Nivea balms and also recently got the phase 2 aftershave. Balms are pretty good, aftershave o.k perhaps a little tacky but for the money can’t complain to much!

@Hectorsgaf maybe your face has expensive tastes ?!!

JayGee and RandySp like this.
  5. Nope, not at all :). The wife has the expensive tastes but this stuff, as Dr. W. says, gives me pimples.

6. RandySp

RandySp Legendary Member

The Nivea products are neither that good, nor that bad.

You don't lose something if you don't have it, you don't win something when you have it. Generic, cheap, neutral scents, non-interesting packages, no something worth buying if you are an experienced wet shaver.

BUT! Far better than some creams, soaps, balms, etc of some "artisans" that think we should pay 20$ for a balm and have the same result with the Nivea which costs 5 times less.

The Nivea shave creams white/blue, are slick, get the job done. But you can't use them in your SOTD pics.
    There you must put some expensive stuff that performs the same with Nivea sometimes, but you have paid for it much more.

So I can't decide if I should recommend the Nivea products to someone. But the self life of them is fantastic. Full of preservatives. If you don't bother, get them.

PS: this is the reason why I keep watching King Kevy's videos @Kevy
    Because he is not afraid of using and make a video with Nivea cream, the moment that he has tons of expensive stuff. He could just ignore it and jump into the hype train of getting more views and use only expensive products. But that's why he is the King. He has no problem to criticize an expensive product, he did it once with Castle Forbes, although it is from Scotland.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    boilerphan, JayGee and Fozzie Bear like this.
  7. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Forum Clod!

Ha, well stated RandySp!.

RandySp likes this.
  8. RandySp

RandySp Legendary Member

Much appreciated man! It is just my point of view...

9. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

Nivea "Sensitive-my-ar*e" Meh.
    Only substance known to shavekind that gives me a rash.
    Evil stuff. Bad. Hate it.
    Nice bottles though. Opaque, nice size, good top. I use one to decant Cella Colonia Classica into.
    But that's the only good thing I can say about that stuff.
    Meh.

Meh.

SeanC likes this.

10. Not sure what prompted this. I was merely saying that Nivea NeVER seems to work for me. Others may find it works fine. Experienced shavers would particularly not shun cheap, neutral scented products in uninteresting packages IF they perform well regardless. Where does SOTD come in to this? I would be more than happy to post something there if it works regardless of cost. This was purely a personal observation regarding Nivea products. :wink:

RandySp likes this.
  11. RandySp

RandySp Legendary Member

Of course. I was talking generally, not personally!

12. Seems like I am in no way alone. :D

sɐǝɹpu∀ likes this.
  13. Paper Plane

Paper Plane Über Member

Maybe a touch greasy for the first 5 mins or so but no adverse reaction on my face.

Must be a case of YMMV...

steve

14. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

Same here with the Sensitive Balm. Like putting essence of stinging nettles on my face.

The creams are good workhorse products though

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Eeyore likes this.
  15. Eeyore

Eeyore Forum GOD!

Same here ... no idea what is in Nivea Sensitive, but it makes a mess of my skin. And the traditional Nivea ASB is too oily.

Why oh why did they have to discontinue Sanex ASB!?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice