Nivea men body shaving anti irritation stick

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Tommo, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Tommo

Tommo Forum GOD!

Spotted these In Sainsbury's earlier for £4. Just had a quick look and it's available in Superdrug at £2.98. Anybody tried it? Not necessarily "body" area. Nice easy to use packing with a twist up bottom. NIVEA-FM-BODY-SHAVE-ASHAVE-STICK-75ML-746648.jpg

2. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

I'm waiting for one, should be here by Friday.
    Then I'll be able to post comments.
    However, for £4 I'd have easily grabbed one. I paid £10 to have mine delivered from the Netherlands, ordered through ebay in Germany.

Shaverrific666 likes this.
  3. Cristobal

Cristobal Forum GOD!

It seems satisfactory

4. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

I got one here ten minutes ago (£5.29).
    Just did a test lather with the Omega No. 83 S-Brush.
    Lather is thin, explodes from the very beginning due to the SLS contained therein, personally I don't expect something spectacular.
    Rubbed the stick briefly into my palm, I think it needed more, but with regards to cushion and glide we'll have to do a real shave.

So at least as far as I am concerned the picture is not complete as yet. Will revert with more as soon as I shave with it.

Yehuda D, JAYDEE and R181 like this.
  5. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

Also available for £3 in Asda, not on offer just the usual price.

slapo and Tommo like this.
  6. N_Architect

N_Architect Forum GOD!

The scent is quite synthetic, 100% for summer, sharp elements of sea salt and minor citrusy notes.
    I did another test lather late last night, loaded the Omega No. 48 boar directly from the stick this time.

Good performance, not in par of course with a good artisan soap, but for the occasional trip (business or leisure) away from base, this new product is more than good enough. 75ml stick, I've left it open as the scent is very punchy and synthetic (to my nose at least).

Tommo, JAYDEE and R181 like this.
  7. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

Sainsbury's:

IMG_0109.JPG

I was wondering if the empty container is worth 20p... Not to me...

Tommo, N_Architect and Dr Watson like this.
  8. Cristobal

Cristobal Forum GOD!

Is it that bad ?

9. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ riverrun

Nivea Sensitive ASB gives me a bad rush, I don't shave my body very much and I have more soap than I need.
    Maybe as a cheapo giveaway to chuck into pass around parcels? Nope.

10. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

Crazy. Its still a new product with ongoing television and internet advertisements and yet its in the bargain bin already :giggle:

If it has flopped then I blame the pricing, your average bloke will buy a can of gel for around £1 and that will last what, 6 weeks? Depending how often he shaves. They were asking £3-£4 for this stick, way too much considering Nivea is a low end brand... Stick a picture of David Beckham on it and try again :p:

11. Cristobal

Cristobal Forum GOD!

At 20p, I might give it a try.

12. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Guru

I heard it gave someone a bad rash when he used it. I don’t think I want it.

RandySp likes this.
  13. JayGee

JayGee Forum GOD!

Its okay, TBH a Palmolive stick for 50p is much better.

I found as a preshave soap it adds a little slickness & gets to work on the beard as I strop/prepare. For 20p I'd buy a second, but wouldn't clear the shelf.

14. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

Now on close-out in Asda too by the look of it - £1.20 each

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

15. RandySp

RandySp ATG Official Member

I don't care about this stick. Im staying away in almost everything from Nivea.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice