New Tallow+Steel Soaps

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by Oasisdave, Jun 5, 2017.

1. Oasisdave

Oasisdave Guru

If you want a preview of the new Tallow + Steel soaps you can check them out at The Groomatorium. Looks like the soaps as well as the after shave toners will be available on: 6/6/2017 at 9:00:00 but it looks as if you can pre-order now.

West Indies, Morocco, and Boreal look particularly interesting to me.

mr. smith likes this.
  2. halvor

halvor Esquire

I got word of the Boreal too, and will defo have a look at all of these!

3. jfim88, Str8_Shaver and Optometrist like this.
  4. Optometrist

Optometrist Forum GOD!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, Yuri. I'm a member there, but haven't looked for ages.
    I've just received Maya and Morocco, this morning. To my nose, there's nothing wrong at all, but as I've said before, I'm no expert. I just know what i like and what I don't.
    The current soap base is unquestionably one of the best out there..

struttura.originaria likes this.
  5. Yeah, a lot of friends like those scents. I could like them too, but I'm really influenced by my passion for perfumes. So... I always think of how a fragrance is balanced. And they're not, David...
    By the way my preference is Boreal for soaps. Himalaya for the aftershaves.

Optometrist likes this.
  6. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

I have a sample of Maya as I'd heard such good things about the soap but it's sat in my draw for a couple of months as I'm not at all keen on the scent.

I think if T&S was easier to obtain it'd more more discussed.

7. I think so too. I don't know why... Maggard and Topofthechain are very easy ways !

8. Optometrist

Optometrist Forum GOD!

Paul, as Yuri has said, Maggard Razors sells T&S. That's where I've bought mine.

9. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Yes, that’s true. Maggard especially make it very easy and pretty cheap. Maybe it just hasn’t gained critical mass in the U.K.

Optometrist likes this.
  10. Mikey J

Mikey J Legendary Member

Apparently they have a new formula coming out soon so you might want to hold off purchasing...

3 new scents coming too.

11. p.b

p.b Forum GOD!

Let's hope one of them is either unscented or very mild. It seems the scents are not universally loved.

Mikey J likes this.
  12. pimple8

pimple8 Legendary Member

Apparently the scents are the reason for the new base. The new formula contains and reproduces the scent better than the previous one. Don't ask me why. Also there's more slickness than before according to Ryan from T+S

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

p.b and struttura.originaria like this.
  13. Mr_Smartepants

Mr_Smartepants Genius Member

That's certainly true for me. I think I had all of their scents as samples and got rid of them all. I didn't like any of their scents.

p.b and Petronius like this.
  14. I like strong scents. I usually buy only soaps with strong scents. But I didn't like their scents. Unbalanced. I sold all of them. Boreal: too resinous; Morocco: too cade; Maya: too spicy/cardamom; West Indies: too orange and pepper; Himalaya: too bland jasmine/amber. To my nose Boreal is the best one for soaps, and Himalaya for aftershaves - if I have to pick one.
    Performance is stellar. Top 3/5.

15. Mikey J

Mikey J Legendary Member

You sound like an easy man to please :wink:

HMan and Britva like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice