New Mühle stainless steel razor 'Rocca'

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
Rumour has it that Mühle will introduce a new stainless steel razor called Rocca at the end of the month.
The head is stainless steel. Different handle options will be available. The matching brushes will have removable knots. Note the lack of openings in the baseplate.
The first one shown has a laminated birch handle, the others a DLC finish.

[Sorry folks - we have been found in breach of copyright. The photos have had to be removed. Very sorry...]

Last edited by a moderator:

Darkbulb

Member #10
Copy:

"Rocca [rɔkka], means in the Italian fortress and stands for resistance and constancy. The new product series from the MÜHLE manufactory translates these properties uncompromisingly through the choice of materials and underlines these with an elegant and retired form. Straightforwardness, haptics and ergonomics were at the forefront in the further development of the MÜHLE design.

The newly developed geometry of the stainless steel hob from the Rocca series promises an even smoother shave with an extremely thorough result. The blade slides tightly over the skin, resulting in a faster and even more effective shave, more beard hair can be removed with only one line. In contrast to the old classic razors, MÜHLE deliberately refrains from the opening on the underside of the planer and accentuates the linear design of the series.

Style combined with naturalness is reflected in Birkenrindenlaminat, which decorates the handles of the shaving and shaving brush. The particularly long-lasting raw material convinces because of its stability, hydrophobic and antiseptic properties. Birkenrindenlaminat feels particularly comfortable in the hand and is even in the wet condition non-slip. The upper and lower parts of durable stainless steel additionally ensure a consistently high-quality shaving quality.

In another version of the Rocca series, planers and brushes, in addition to the purist-clean stainless steel design, are characterized by a center piece with matt black honeycomb structure. The extension Rocca Jet also has a diamond-like carbon coating, a diamond-like carbon coating which gives it a completely black look. In line with the MÜHLE R89 Jet, the first DLC coated razor, which came out in limited edition in December 2013 and sold out in just a few days, Rocca now offers this model in series.

The Rocca brush heads can be unscrewed and can be changed. The series is thus not only applicable in all of the hair qualities offered by MÜHLE, but at the same time optimizes its extremely long service life."

Lann

Forum GOD!
Interesting... very .... interesting (well not the laminate floor version but certainly the other two)

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
What is the logic of "no holes in base plate" ? While I do like the cabinetry work on the top brush, I will probably keep my ATG Shavemac group buy brush

Darkbulb

Member #10
What is the logic of "no holes in base plate" ? While I do like the cabinetry work on the top brush, I will probably keep my ATG Shavemac group buy brush
The only true benefit I can see is reduced manufacturing cost - that could potentially result in a lower priced, more competitive razor.

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
The only true benefit I can see is reduced manufacturing cost - that could potentially result in a lower priced, more competitive razor.
I was thinking aesthetics as the look is more modern or strength as the base also looks thinner. Agree - cost is another possibility, Since everyone else has various sizes and shapes of drain holes, I just assumed "required".

Other than the on the brazilain wood handle, the head does look "sleek."

p.b

Forum GOD!
I think the lack of holes in the base plate may allow Muehle to make then head, or rather safety bar slimmer as the holes won't be weakening the bar. It does look like a pleasingly (aesthetically) low profile head. I'm interested in this - if it's aggressive enough.

halvor

a most elusive fish
Tad biased coming from Norwegian wood and all, but I love the birch one.

Head and no holes: As long as it doesn't clog (and surely they must have tested for this?) I like the profile a lot and could imagine one on my shelf (and on my face).

sɐǝɹpu∀

riverrun
I was thinking aesthetics as the look is more modern or strength as the base also looks thinner. Agree - cost is another possibility, Since everyone else has various sizes and shapes of drain holes, I just assumed "required".
Definitely not required. Merkur Progress.