New Karve Titanium coming - 1st May

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Aluminium 1st Of May and Titanium. I really like the Titanium handle, but not the finish of the razor.

So who wants to sell me their stainless one then? 😉

Zhang Doe

Forum GOD!
Aluminium 1st Of May and Titanium. I really like the Titanium handle, but not the finish of the razor.

So who wants to sell me their stainless one then? 😉
I am the exact opposite. I am not so enamored with the handle, but I really like the finish.

Need to sell some razors first, including my extra stainless steel Karve, but sadly the situation now where I reside doesn't really allow me to run off the post office. Not asking for sympathy ... first world problem.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Surprise surprise. They really do themselves no favour as a company. It's a shame, top notch products, need to be more organised with their service.

fredyx

Forum GOD!
I don't like the finishing of this Ti model and the handle is not of my taste, I'll keep my brass model.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
Even with the discount many of us have been given, I'm not buying the Ti. Company operations are a joke.
I'm putting my money instead with Blackland Tradere. Shane can teach some a thing or two what customer service is about.
I agree with that RE Blackland - doesn't over promise, keeps people up to date, answers any questions anyone has along with quality products.

Just a real shame, I was going to buy the Aluminium as didn't like the Ti, but don't think I'll bother.

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
If they hadn‘t mentioned the 1st of May, many would still be interested in trying this razor despite the looks. This renewed disappointment is just turning me off this company altogether.

Sometimes it‘s just better to say nothing at all.

I agree that Shane of Blackland razors has a much better approach. Even after last years production woes, his method of communicating this means that he could still hang onto his customers. I had an original Tradere but may have to revisit.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
If they hadn‘t mentioned the 1st of May, many would still be interested in trying this razor despite the looks. This renewed disappointment is just turning me off this company altogether.

Sometimes it‘s just better to say nothing at all.

I agree that Shane of Blackland razors has a much better approach. Even after last years production woes, his method of communicating this means that he could still hang onto his customers. I had an original Tradere but may have to revisit.
Karve has been generally terrible at communication since day one, but they keep being given a pass because of the quality of the finished products. There’s no doubt they do great work, but the polished razors situation is disgusting and it’s not the first time. They operate on a preorder scheme but don’t actually you that, hence why people are so angry that they paid for theirs 4-5 months ago and still don’t have them.

When it was just Chris handling emails you were lucky to get a response. Jack coming on seems to have helped but I still see people saying they’re not getting responses. I suppose the issue with Karve is they don’t make a certain amount of razors usually and then sell just those. With the polished they just left it open to as many orders as possible and then got completely overwhelmed. Shane at BL isn’t going to do that, he’ll put up what he has and usually those razors are finished too.

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
At this point you’d probably have more luck buying Karve stuff from Executive Shaving... except they’re still waiting for a big order from Karve that has yet to be fulfilled....