New homemade soap

Wayne

Forum Sod
I have made my first handmade coloured soap. The recipe includes Olive, Palm, Coconut and Caster Oils. Fragranced with a Fresh linen scent.
I will wait a few weeks for it to fully harden before use, it didn’t turn out as well as I anticipated as the fragrance oil caused the soap batter to seize ( accelerate hardening) thus I lost my working time to ensure I got my coloured swirls right. I won’t use that stuff again. Hopefully with this combo of oils it will make a nourishing bar with great lather.
89D6517F-1D99-4C7E-ABC6-01F9288F9588.jpeg

Boycie83

Space Cadet
I have made my first handmade coloured soap. The recipe includes Olive, Palm, Coconut and Caster Oils. Fragranced with a Fresh linen scent.
I will wait a few weeks for it to fully harden before use, it didn’t turn out as well as I anticipated as the fragrance oil caused the soap batter to seize ( accelerate hardening) thus I lost my working time to ensure I got my coloured swirls right. I won’t use that stuff again. Hopefully with this combo of oils it will make a nourishing bar with great lather.
View attachment 54651
They look awesome! Sounds like you're disappointed in your colours but I think the marble effect you have there looks brilliant.

Wayne

Forum Sod
They look awesome! Sounds like you're disappointed in your colours but I think the marble effect you have there looks brilliant.
Thank you for the kind words. Believe me, if the frag oil had not reacted as it did the marbling would have been 100% better. I live and learn.

Wayne

Forum Sod
Just a quick one. If Palm oil is bad for the Animals of the planet how is Tallow any better?