New DE shaver here with a question about Silver Blues

Mike M CT

Hi everyone - I just transitioned from cartridges to a Rockwell 6S which I bought a couple of weeks ago. I moved through plates 1 and 2 and tried 3 today, but I also switched the blades to try the Gillette Silver Blues given the hit or miss feedback I've read about the Rockwell blades that came with the 6S.

I really like the shave I got with the Silver Blues but my question is about what the blades look like when you actually take them out of the box. I bought some packs from Amazon and when you take them out of the box it looks like the wrapper has some sort of adhesive on it that attaches to the middle of the blade around the holes. Most of it came off when I took the blade out of the wrapper but there was some residual. Is this normal for these blades or did I get some sort of bad box? The Rockwell blades were really nicely packaged and these SBs.....not so much!

It seemed to shave fine though!!

Thanks, Mike

Ventastic

Forum GOD!
Wax dots on your blades are there to keep them from moving around in the wrapper and the edges potentially getting damaged. Some blades have more wax, some less. Try running hot water over the wax prior to putting the blade in the razor. This way, a bit less wax ends up sticking to the razor head.

Mike M CT

Ok thank you - that's great to know. I've never purchased DE blades before and the Rockwell's didn't have it. Thanks!!!!!!