My Scoot

Cheesepiece

Stickler
Yeah there's a few but that's truly outstanding.
A friend of mine's father has a few Dyna Glides, some of which, the special editions they are, mean they're unique to the island.

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
I went through an HD phase. I found a ‘69 all original “sand casted engine” Electra Glide in an older man’s basement.

Also a 75 Electra Glide, and a 91 883 customized to the 883 race specs.

My favorite all time bike was an 86 BMW 80 RT

HardLight

Veteran
@Twelvefret I think this is retirement for me. I rode dirt bikes for about 3 decades. Heavily favored 2-strokes. Lots of busted bones and a stressed out wife. In search of the gnarliest single track. I'm 51 and I sure feel it some days. I love to ride so I cant hang it up. Instead of dodging tree's, rocks and such; cagers not paying attention.

Still riding and have those bikes?

Twelvefret

Forum GOD!
@Twelvefret I think this is retirement for me. I rode dirt bikes for about 3 decades. Heavily favored 2-strokes. Lots of busted bones and a stressed out wife. In search of the gnarliest single track. I'm 51 and I sure feel it some days. I love to ride so I cant hang it up. Instead of dodging tree's, rocks and such; cagers not paying attention.

Still riding and have those bikes?
No, I sold the HD’s to purchase children their first vehicles and because I didn’t want the son to ride the 883. Later I sold the BMW for a Jeep.

I’ve considered a motorcycle several times but didn’t follow through. I’m 68 and a bit younger than you.

I ride a Kona Sutra tour bicycle. The idea of a scooter , like a Vespa has always appealed.

HardLight

Veteran
Not to be an enabler or anything, never too old. Wind therapy is good for the soul and a fantastic release.

I dont ride my Harley fast--got all of that out of my system. I rolled the throttle on in 6th to get around a semi. I looked down and I was doing 106 with more throttle to go. While it wasn't my intent, it gets up and moves when you need it. A rarity for me.

Plus, its the only thing I can get my wife on that she enjoys--time together and seeing the sights. Previously, I got her on the back of my CR500. I eased into the powerband in 3rd and the front end comes up, life with 2-strokes. She was not very happy with me per se.