My new shavemac brush

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
After a great deal of indecision I placed an order for a shavemac brush this afternoon. Details are as follows:

- 2-band silvertip
- 22mm diameter fan-shape
- 54mm loft
- 4318 style handle
- faux tortoiseshell colour

I’ve had a shavemac 2-band before, but the knot was too big (26mm) and the loft too low (50mm); I found it too dense and too firm. I thought that if I got a smaller knot and had it set at the highest loft offered for the diameter and went with a fan-shape as opposed to a bulb-shape, it might be more to my liking. I already have shavemac pure, Finest and 3-band silver tip brushes so I thought a 2-band would be a nice complement.

Now the long wait.

Last edited:

Snuff

Forum GOD!
should be nice, I had a 22mm fan in 2band in faux tortoiseshell colour, it's now with a friend, loft was also a bit too low for me and the handle was not what I expected, not like the pictures on the site but very very dark, you had to look against the light to even see it was tortoiseshell colour.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
should be nice, I had a 22mm fan in 2band in faux tortoiseshell colour, it's now with a friend, loft was also a bit too low for me and the handle was not what I expected, not like the pictures on the site but very very dark, you had to look against the light to even see it was tortoiseshell colour.
Brown and beige coloured handle is the better option IMO. Or the tortoise shell in a 173 style works well.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
721C3843-0EFF-4AF0-97E8-A3E76B22201E.jpeg
After a great deal of indecision I placed an order for a shavemac brush this afternoon. Details are as follows:

- 2-band silvertip
- 22mm diameter fan-shape
- 54mm loft
- 4318 style handle
- faux tortoiseshell colour

I’ve had a shavemac 2-band before, but the knot was too big (26mm) and the loft too low (50mm); I found it too dense and too firm. I thought that if I got a smaller knot and had it set at the highest loft offered for the diameter and went with a fan-shape as opposed to a bulb-shape, it might be more to my liking. I already have shavemac pure, Finest and 3-band silver tip brushes so I thought a 2-band would be a nice complement.

Now the long wait.

Arrived in the morning post unmolested by customs. This is a picture of her right out of the box. After this I’ll wash her with Leonhardy brush soap, hand lather and give her a good long soak in preparation for her inaugural spin tomorrow morning. She’s a real cracker.