My brush/razor stand

Discussion in 'Workshop and Restorations' started by Tzimisce, Jul 13, 2018 at 1:35 PM.

1. Tzimisce

Tzimisce Über Member

My main goal in shaving is to have a standard number of razors/brushes (working on the soaps but it doesn't seem to go well :D ) so I made a fixed number brush/razor stand.

The wood used is olive tree wood because... I just love the waves this wood has.
    The main concept is to hold 6 brushes + 2 razors + have room for a straight or two on top.
    Then, at the bottom, plenty of room for alum block, blades, a spatula for my creams etc.

Everything is in place and today, when I go home, I will start painting and finishing it.
    Tomorrow, if everything go right, more photos will be uploaded. :)

Brush_Stand1.jpg Brush_Stand2.jpg Brush_Stand3.jpg Brush_Stand4.jpg Brush_Stand6.jpg

Holyzeus, Quique, Pat-W and 7 others like this.
  2. Blademonkey

Blademonkey Veteran

A great shaving station. :) P.

Tzimisce likes this.
  3. Quique

Quique Forum GOD!

Goog job!! :okay:

Tzimisce likes this.
  4. Redrock

Redrock Guru

Neat stand. Beautiful wood. I love the grain. Excellent job.:thumbsup:

Tzimisce likes this.
  5. Tzimisce

Tzimisce Über Member

Thank you gents!
    Humidity was too high and painting/drying takes more time than expected...
    So, till it dries (my main free time is during weekends), I can give some more clues (and photos).
    To get solid planks with the same grain is really difficult, so I had to shred 4 logs (I went to a real woodworker for this :) ).
    Logs stored for 3 years, but still hiding "surprises" in them.
    They were cut at 1.3cm so as to go to 1cm with the sander (No 180, 320 and 700).
    Then I applied 2 passes of colorless water preservative and then 3 passes of colorless mat water varnish.

Photos with the brushes on them, when the odor of the paint will be gone completely, since I don't want my brushes to smell varnish. :)

standstart0 .jpg
    standstart1.jpg standstart2 .jpg standstart3 .jpg

Thug, Britva and Blademonkey like this.
  6. Blademonkey

Blademonkey Veteran

Wonderful grain, it adds loads to the finnished peice..P.

Redrock and Tzimisce like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice