Murphy & McNeil

ScOtt

Forum GOD!
Just thank God that the package arrived from TOTC.. Even if you didn't like the scent.

It is true that they just hired new stuff for delivery. His name if Gordon. Flash Gordon.

You order today and in your next life the package is in front of your door.
Haha it did take 9 weeks. But I was aware of the slow shipping times.

D

Deleted member 1881

I like the fact that his tubs are 5.5 oz when almost all the others offer 4oz.

So, if we could find a scent of M&McN to be just an inoffensive good scent that is generally accepted, which it would be?

PS I keep reading that this stuff reaches the performance of Declaration Icarus, a truly amazing all around soap base.

PS2 I don't want to order sample, I cannot handle them properly, they are all very misleading in terms of real performance of the soap.

halvor

a most elusive fish

So, if we could find a scent of M&McN to be just an inoffensive good scent that is generally accepted, which it would be?

PS I keep reading that this stuff reaches the performance of Declaration Icarus, a truly amazing all around soap base.

PS2 I don't want to order sample, I cannot handle them properly, they are all very misleading in terms of real performance of the soap.
Weren’t you the one shouting the loudest about M&M having to find a vendor with cheaper postage? And you still haven’t bought a single tub? Get your act together and give them some business.

Both of the Eisteacht base soaps could be labelled as inoffensive, but to your liking? — that’s subjective.

p.b

Forum GOD!

I have Ouroboros. It's one of their strongest scents and, while not mild, it's far from the unsubtle pungent scents that many North American artisans produce. I find it rich and refined and if this is their 'Strong' I think you'll be safe with any they list as mild.

Plus it's an excellent cream. And despite the notable scent it didn't irritate my skin (thank goodness), highly recommended.

murphyandmcneil

I have Ouroboros. It's one of their strongest scents and, while not mild, it's far from the unsubtle pungent scents that many North American artisans produce. I find it rich and refined and if this is their 'Strong' I think you'll be safe with any they list as mild.

Plus it's an excellent cream. And despite the notable scent it didn't irritate my skin (thank goodness), highly recommended.
I appreciate that. Some of the lighter scents are also being beefed up over time. Admittedly it’s a learning process!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 1881

Weren’t you the one shouting the loudest about M&M having to find a vendor with cheaper postage? And you still haven’t bought a single tub? Get your act together and give them some business.

Both of the Eisteacht base soaps could be labelled as inoffensive, but to your liking? — that’s subjective.
Damn youre right. I should.. Now, I'm going to correct the mistake! Maggards have the best postage...

Last edited by a moderator:

Matsilainen

Forum GOD!
Some of the lighter scents are also being beefed up over time. Admittedly it’s a learning process!
If I may, I think it’s always better to err on the side of caution than to overdo a scent and risk someone having a reaction to it. I know this opinion is not one that gets voiced very often, as the louder crowd seems to be the one constantly asking for stronger scents. (Which in a way is understandable, as scent is such an important factor in this hobby.)

I appreciate that on your website you indicate the scent strengths of your soaps. Great idea, and I wish more merchants did the same! As I’ve mentioned earlier, even though Náid – and also Cat Sidhe – are rated as “light to medium”, I can smell their beautiful scents throughout the shave without any difficulty. Ouroboros is a fantastic scent, definitely stronger than the other two I just mentioned, and right on the verge of where my skin would start to react. Thankfully, it doesn’t entirely cross that threshold. Wonderful creations, keep up the good work…

pimple8

Forum GOD!
I tried cladagh, triskele and kells.
Performance wise i have no objection, but the scents are too light for me.
The claddagh is supposed to be sort of creed silver mountain, which is a good replica however it is (to me) a stirling mountain man dilluted by 60%.
Some people like light scents, some like strong. To me it depends on a scent. I like a strong cologne but a light floral.

The samples at maggard are a good place to try various scents, the whole tub can wait.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Oasisdave

Forum GOD!
M&M is legit guys, great performance and I found the scent of Eisteacht Claddagh really opened up when lathered. The shave balm is also extremely nice and makes me wish I had gotten the splash or EDP