Mundane News

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
OK right.... So horses didn't have sensors, warning lights, codes or mileometers. Now that was only a few centuries ago.

So fast forward a few centuries AND.............................???
Too many things to go wrong ? Horse not moving = horse dead. Horse limping = dodgy leg, Horse crapping = dodgy belly. Oh for the easier times.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
My Apple aluminium keyboard, after I sprayed it with Dettol anti-bacterial spray........

No visible keyboard activity. Time of death 11am, 17-2-20. The owner is helping with enquiries......

Grarea

Forum Plod
I have just started pondering electronics having realised I can't fix everything with a club hammer these days. Someone gave me a pile of old PCBs to muck about with.

les24preludes

Forum GOD!
If you want any electronics parts I have a mountain of stuff to go including loads of transformers 6+6, 9+9, 12+12 various VA. Capacitors by the truckload including WIMA, teflon, nice stuff. Lots of tubes. Many finished and unfinished projects. I'm in Kensington but can post. PM if interested.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
That doesn't sound good. Have you had it from new? Fingers crossed it gets sorted under warranty for you.
Yeah from brand new, he didn’t mention a charge and to be frank they can go whistle. That’s also 3,214 with Mrs driving that‘s easy and steady.

Just waiting for them to call back with a courtesy car, we are off for few days away tomorrow. Mrs told them we want something of equal size lol !!!

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I hope they do fix it under warranty. Always shied away from cars with turbos preferring a larger 4 cylinder to a smaller one with a turbo on the basis of less stress to the engine equalling more longevity.

Bob
Quiet difficult on European cars now they all have small engines and turbos now. We had an Audi A3 Sportback 1.2 Ltr Turbo, Skoda Yeti (same engine as the Audi). Octavia has a 1.0 ltr turbo, and that’s an estate car. Quite a big car for a small engine but, when it’s working, it’s capable enough. The other car is a Peugeot 308CC, (convertible) 2.0 ltr Diesel Turbo, Four seats but it’s really only a 2+2. So we are hoping that they come up with a courtesy car. Other wise our family break tomorrow will become a two car affair. With luggage and the dog the Peugeot isn’t big enough and the dog can’t ride in it as only four seat belt points so no point for his harness.