Mundane News

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Teaching can be a funny old game. Many a day of late is stressful, many too are a struggle, but then you get a day like today when you manage to change a young persons life just enough to make a difference. It’s a long story of a dad trying his best for his lad and his lad rejecting he’s efforts. The lad getting knocked of course and realising he was wrong, and the struggle to get back on course with dad. Then in steps Northam, negotiating a resolution between both and it working. Feeling ten foot tall tonight knowing I did something positive.

Paper Plane

Forum GOD!
Skoda Karoq said change key battery when I took Mrs Plane to the hospital for her op early, 6.45am. Couldn't lock the car when we got out so left it. Took her in and when I got back, the wretched thing wouldn't start! Key not present message. Mild panic at being stuck but a Google search showed me how to get it started. Now it's a trip to Halfords for new battery. The joys of keyless start!

What was irritating was the instant failure. Just the one message. Never had that happen before on any other vehicle. The Karoq is only 18 months old too.

steve

Holyzeus

TSR reject
Skoda Karoq said change key battery when I took Mrs Plane to the hospital for her op early, 6.45am. Couldn't lock the car when we got out so left it. Took her in and when I got back, the wretched thing wouldn't start! Key not present message. Mild panic at being stuck but a Google search showed me how to get it started. Now it's a trip to Halfords for new battery. The joys of keyless start!

What was irritating was the instant failure. Just the one message. Never had that happen before on any other vehicle. The Karoq is only 18 months old too.

steve
Google which battery it is and get one from Tesco’s etc, be far cheaper

Cleanfoam

I couldn't open the drivers door on my car as it was frozen shut - had to go in through passenger side and push it open.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Oh dear ! Had to report another student to Safeguarding, so many issues with students this year.

We have some students who are great, some who struggle, some who just can’t be bothered. Then we have some where their lives and in particular home lives aren’t the best and happiest places. This one today I uncovered a few issues and It does hit you a bit. But then I think we’ll I have done the right thing, someone will help them but it takes someone to notice first.

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
Oh dear ! Had to report another student to Safeguarding, so many issues with students this year.

We have some students who are great, some who struggle, some who just can’t be bothered. Then we have some where their lives and in particular home lives aren’t the best and happiest places. This one today I uncovered a few issues and It does hit you a bit. But then I think we’ll I have done the right thing, someone will help them but it takes someone to notice first.
A microcosm of society at large, unfortunately.