Mundane News

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Some nasty people around ! Old fella having a right moan about at a clearly homeless, and suffering from mental health issues man. He didn’t hear me commenting aloud on him being ignorant and uncaring, or wishing him a Merry Christmas ! A young woman with her little boy in a pushchair. Stopped and spoke to the homeless guy, even touching him on the head. That little lad of hers will grow up a fine man. We popped into M&S and got him a sandwich and a bag of crisps . We got a nice smile and a thank you.
Well done you, fortunately there are more good people like you than there are people like that uncaring, possibly uneducated bigot you saw today.
:) P.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Its hard enough being on the streets without being shouted at, people shouldn't look at these unfortunates and judge them, instead give them understanding and compassion. It's all too easy to end up living on the streets. P
Much prefer to buy them food instead, the woman who stopped before me went in Costa and got him a coffee. Like you say all too easy to be judgemental and just plain rude. Mental health is a terrible thing and a series of unfortunate events can easily lead to someone being homeless. A sandwich and bag of crisp cost under £3, nothing really.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
After an act of kindness this morning, get home and some lowlife has reversed into my car ! Taken the paint work down to bare metal and cracked the number pate ! Must of been in the car park while we were out shopping.

R181

Grumpy old man
You do not want to be homeless and outside here last night. This morning it is -27C and the wind chill makes it feel like -36C. Having enough capacity in the homeless shelters is critical but you still have homeless people that do not want to use them. Mental health issues are terrible.

Bob

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
You do not want to be homeless and outside here last night. This morning it is -27C and the wind chill makes it feel like -36C. Having enough capacity in the homeless shelters is critical but you still have homeless people that do not want to use them. Mental health issues are terrible.

Bob
Are these homeless people allowed to take their dogs who sometimes are their lifeline into the shelters?
In the UK some do and some don't.
I couldn't give my dog up in ln order to stay in a shelter.
Some may say that's mad but I do have mental health issues. Paul.

R181

Grumpy old man
Are these homeless people allowed to take their dogs who sometimes are their lifeline into the shelters?
In the UK some do and some don't.
I couldn't give my dog up in ln order to stay in a shelter.
Some may say that's mad but I do have mental health issues. Paul.
Sorry, I really could not say one way or the other about dogs being allowed in homeless shelters here. That could be one of a number reasons why a homeless person would want not use a shelter. No matter how you cut it homelessness is a difficult and growing problem to deal with effectively. It can be and is sometimes lethal in weather condition like we have here today.

Bob

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Sorry, I really could not say one way or the other about dogs being allowed in homeless shelters here. That could be one of a number reasons why a homeless person would want not use a shelter. No matter how you cut it homelessness is a difficult and growing problem to deal with effectively. It can be and is sometimes lethal in weather condition like we have here today.

Bob
This guy had a pet rat, a domestic one not some wild one he had “adopted”. He obviously love the thing and it was quite freely sat on his jacket. It did look as filthy as he did though. But he was watching it and smoothing it And it’s obvious it’s something that brings him joy and comfort.

I was watching all this while stood opposite wait for Mrs Northam. It’s not until you stand back and watch that you notice the way people react. Also evident was the way people would take a wide berth, or just look with utter distaste.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!

Bob
My heart goes out to anyone sleeping rough in any weather conditions but especially those you have mentioned. P.

Dr Watson

The Other James
Vintage razor sold to a chap in Italy whose postal system has managed to lose it. Attempted delivery (no answer according to tracking) buyer says no note left and his local sorting office claims to have never even handled it lol...

Thankfully I insured it for the full value, bastardi.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Mrs picked up the Beef Joint for Christmas from the local butcher. Local Grass fed Devon Long Horn, two ribs and a whopping £65 ! Worth every penny, great to support our local butcher. By the time she finished with pigs in blankets and their own sausages she got a free reusable hessian bag. Looks lovely, nice marbling.

Geofnay

Forum GOD!
Mrs picked up the Beef Joint for Christmas from the local butcher. Local Grass fed Devon Long Horn, two ribs and a whopping £65 ! Worth every penny, great to support our local butcher. By the time she finished with pigs in blankets and their own sausages she got a free reusable hessian bag. Looks lovely, nice marbling.
After my Tour of Meats for Christmas, £65 doesn't sound too bad, depending on the cut and weight. I'm fillet joint, top rump and topside, in that order, for a roast. We lost our local butcher due to competition from the two local mini-supermarkets but Alternative Meats and Tom Hixson will deliver smashing meat and take a crust from the mouths of the majors 😛
PS Kelly Bronze turkey and a fillet joint for Christmas per me e la mia famiglia, with a white Burgundy and Chateauneuf du Pape per i vini. Buon Natale tutti!