Multivitamins

Discussion in 'Health, Fitness & Training' started by Tommo, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Tommo

Tommo Fancy a trade?

Whether they do anything or not, I've decided to start taking them. But which one? Are they all the same? Is it a case of just getting whatever's on offer? Anything to look for? What's the best and where's the best place to get them? Any and all advice welcomed.

2. dc68

dc68 -------------

I think they are not really useful, but if feeling lethargic and used for a short time they can help.
    Holland and Barrett are pretty good on the high street, and the staff do advise well.

Tommo likes this.
  3. I take one a day, (Seven seas adult complete) whether or nor they are doing me any good is another story, can't be any worse than all the other meds I consume including simvastatin

Tommo likes this.
  4. isendono

isendono Veteran

i take pharmaton , one a day.

Tommo likes this.
  5. mike_the_kraken

mike_the_kraken Señor member

Optimum nutrition ‘opti men’

[​IMG]

Tommo likes this.
  6. Conservator

Conservator Veteran

I like Natrol My Favorite Multiple without iron.

Tommo likes this.
  7. halvor

halvor Esquire

Can’t say anything about which brand of multivitamins to use, but I’m a firm believer in the benefit of marine omega 3 supplement. Either capsules or or the real deal in liquid form (cod liver oil etc).

Tommo likes this.
  8. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

I would advise having a blood test and speaking with your doctor, to see exactly what deficiencies if any do occur and what suits. This way your not shooting in the dark.

Apart from the above form and strength are all I consider. Price isn't always an indication of efficacy. Valupak offer good value to quality IMO. At various points in the year I take chewable vitamin C and vitamin B1. This is just to boost energy and supposed immunity level. Vitamin B1 produces an odour when you sweat (needs to be taken for a period of time) which also keeps mosquitos at bay, I usually take it a week before going away and during.

Tommo likes this.
  9. MrK1

MrK1 Forum GOD!

I buy the Boots branded multivitamins for me and the kids.
    Seem to be a good all rounder and always available on a 3 for 2 offer.

(As suggested by my Pharmacist, who also happens to be my wife. Can't really argue with that)

halvor, Tommo and Nishy like this.
  10. Batch300

Batch300 Extraordinarily Uncomplicated

I use the GNC multivitamins. Several variations including 50+, Sport, Energy, etc.

+1 on getting tested for any vitamin deficiency. Sounds like vitamin D and others are common

Tommo likes this.
  11. Tommo

Tommo Fancy a trade?

Thanks for the advice @Nishy I've been meaning to go see the doc for a while. I don't have a large intestine so dehydration and vitamin/mineral absorption can be an issue. I'll get checked out before I start taking anything.

Batch300 and Nishy like this.
  12. Tommo

Tommo Fancy a trade?

Thanks everyone for your replies, much appreciated and lots to look at.

13. Tommo

Tommo Fancy a trade?

Just thought I'd follow this up.
    What started me off looking at supplements was a lack of energy. After the advice here I've been to the docs and had 2 lots of bloods done 1 month apart. Everything is within normal ranges. On my first visit I was recommended vitamin b12 complex and magnesium supplements. I started these along with omega 3 and have to say I feel a little less drained come the afternoon.

So would like to say thanks again for everyone's advice.

Batch300 and Nishy like this.
  14. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Glad to hear it has made an noticeable improvement. Keep us updated as to proceedings :)

Tommo likes this.
  15. sɐǝɹpu∀

sɐǝɹpu∀ Forum DOG!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice