Multitool

Discussion in 'Recreation, Hobbies & Interests' started by Burgundy, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Burgundy

Burgundy Forum GOD!

I’m looking to draw upon the collective wisdom.

I’m regularly finding myself going backwards and forwards to the shed for handtools for extensive yet undemanding jobs.

I ‘edc’ a Victorinox SAK (Waiter - mainly for the corkscrew!) and it gets near-enough daily use but isn’t quite up to task. I need pliers, wire stripper, reliable screwdriver etc. It’ll get a fair bit of beating.

Basically, what’s good and what should be avoided?

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  2. MntnMan62

MntnMan62 Senior Member

My son swears by his Leatherman.

3. ShaunWistow

ShaunWistow WAWAW

Oh @Roscotanna lol, seems this EDC might be popular

4. Roscotanna

Roscotanna Veteran Vendor Artisan

Victorinox swisstool spirit X is simply sublime!

5. Roscotanna

Roscotanna Veteran Vendor Artisan

It would seem so!

ShaunWistow likes this.
  6. Tommo

Tommo Fancy a trade?

I've had a leatherman wingman for years. I snapped the tip of the blade through miss use but not had any faults with it. Gets used daily.

7. chris.hale

chris.hale Forum GOD!

Best I’ve found for daily carry is the Leatherman Juice range as unlike the larger ones they don’t have locking blades.

8. constant

constant Veteran

tommo send the leatherman back to them and they will replace it i did the same to mine

9. BJS

BJS Actual Member

Definitely a Leatherman, mine lives in the pouch on my belt all the time.
    I once showed up at the airport to take a flight with only carry on luggage. The detector picked it up, I had forgotten it was still on my belt. They confiscated it, I was gutted and I had to buy another one, it comes in so handy..

10. Northam Saint

Northam Saint Forum GOD!

I’ve a Leatherman and a Swiss Tool as well as a Gerber. Forget the Gerber from the start, build just isn’t as good as the other too.

Leatherman have an excellent warranty and they stand by it very well. I had one where the scissors spring broke. Sent it back and a couple of days later a brand new one arrived.

For quality though it’s the Swiss Tool. I’ve had mine for years and it’s as good as new.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice