Multitool

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I’m looking to draw upon the collective wisdom.

I’m regularly finding myself going backwards and forwards to the shed for handtools for extensive yet undemanding jobs.

I ‘edc’ a Victorinox SAK (Waiter - mainly for the corkscrew!) and it gets near-enough daily use but isn’t quite up to task. I need pliers, wire stripper, reliable screwdriver etc. It’ll get a fair bit of beating.

Basically, what’s good and what should be avoided?

Last edited:

Tommo

Forum GOD!
I've had a leatherman wingman for years. I snapped the tip of the blade through miss use but not had any faults with it. Gets used daily.

chris.hale

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Best I’ve found for daily carry is the Leatherman Juice range as unlike the larger ones they don’t have locking blades.

BJS

Actual Member
Definitely a Leatherman, mine lives in the pouch on my belt all the time.
I once showed up at the airport to take a flight with only carry on luggage. The detector picked it up, I had forgotten it was still on my belt. They confiscated it, I was gutted and I had to buy another one, it comes in so handy..

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I’ve a Leatherman and a Swiss Tool as well as a Gerber. Forget the Gerber from the start, build just isn’t as good as the other too.

Leatherman have an excellent warranty and they stand by it very well. I had one where the scissors spring broke. Sent it back and a couple of days later a brand new one arrived.

For quality though it’s the Swiss Tool. I’ve had mine for years and it’s as good as new.