Multitool

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I’m looking to draw upon the collective wisdom.

I’m regularly finding myself going backwards and forwards to the shed for handtools for extensive yet undemanding jobs.

I ‘edc’ a Victorinox SAK (Waiter - mainly for the corkscrew!) and it gets near-enough daily use but isn’t quite up to task. I need pliers, wire stripper, reliable screwdriver etc. It’ll get a fair bit of beating.

Basically, what’s good and what should be avoided?

Last edited:

Tommo

Forum GOD!
I've had a leatherman wingman for years. I snapped the tip of the blade through miss use but not had any faults with it. Gets used daily.

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Best I’ve found for daily carry is the Leatherman Juice range as unlike the larger ones they don’t have locking blades.

BJS

Actual Member
Definitely a Leatherman, mine lives in the pouch on my belt all the time.
I once showed up at the airport to take a flight with only carry on luggage. The detector picked it up, I had forgotten it was still on my belt. They confiscated it, I was gutted and I had to buy another one, it comes in so handy..

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I’ve a Leatherman and a Swiss Tool as well as a Gerber. Forget the Gerber from the start, build just isn’t as good as the other too.

Leatherman have an excellent warranty and they stand by it very well. I had one where the scissors spring broke. Sent it back and a couple of days later a brand new one arrived.

For quality though it’s the Swiss Tool. I’ve had mine for years and it’s as good as new.

DevonStan

Forum GOD!
I have a purple Leatherman Juice XE6. Bought it new in new in 2014 althought it has the date of manufacture stamped inside it and it says 09/12.

Have to admit it doesn't get used. Don't think I've ever actually used any of its tools in anger. It's pretty much as new as i got it as an emergency aid for walking on Dartmoor, but things didn't work out exactly as planned. It has it's own case/sheath too.

Anyone care to suggest what it might , realistically, be worth please. I made out an advert for Ebay and listed it at something like £85 including its case plus another new case (still in it's bubble pack) and set it at £85 plus £6.50 for DPD next day delivery .... but the advert got pulled due to the restriction on bladed items on UK Ebay.

Be grateful for opinions especially as I gather the Juice is a bit desirable (and they've apparently brought out a new Juice in the USA and that's re-kindled interest.)

I'm a member of the other UK shaving forum too so I might ask there as well. Hope no-one minds. Nah, course they won't :).

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
I have a purple Leatherman Juice XE6. Bought it new in new in 2014 althought it has the date of manufacture stamped inside it and it says 09/12.

Have to admit it doesn't get used. Don't think I've ever actually used any of its tools in anger. It's pretty much as new as i got it as an emergency aid for walking on Dartmoor, but things didn't work out exactly as planned. It has it's own case/sheath too.

Anyone care to suggest what it might , realistically, be worth please. I made out an advert for Ebay and listed it at something like £85 including its case plus another new case (still in it's bubble pack) and set it at £85 plus £6.50 for DPD next day delivery .... but the advert got pulled due to the restriction on bladed items on UK Ebay.

Be grateful for opinions especially as I gather the Juice is a bit desirable (and they've apparently brought out a new Juice in the USA and that's re-kindled interest.)

I'm a member of the other UK shaving forum too so I might ask there as well. Hope no-one minds. Nah, course they won't :).
Good to see you posting @DevonStan.

DevonStan

Forum GOD!
Ta, fellas. Older, but, strangely, no wiser. Ain't that a mystery?

Still using the same soaps, blades, hardware and smellies that I was in my first flush of enthusiasm. But sort of run out of things to talk about so just get up in the morning and have a shave.

Please accept my sincere good wishes though. I mean it.