Completed Mulcuto No.1

Dr Watson

James
I have available for pass around a Mulcuto No.1 DE razor...

45316328252-5b6b91b603-o.jpg

45367217641-3d0787276f-o.jpg

The original Mulcuto company, famous for their 1930's slant razors has been long defunct but as often happens someone new has purchased to the right to use the name and this is their first product to be released. The razor relies heavily on historical Mulcuto razors for it's appearance, the handle is basically a carbon copy of the original but the head is something new... It's not far off an Emir hybrid comb clone.

This is made in Germany and not a Chinese import. Construction is chrome plated zinc alloy in the traditional German style, the casting is very crisp and well done, the chrome plating is usually of a high standard (similar to Muehle) however on this pass around razor there are a few defects in the finish, these are purely cosmetic and are in fact the very reason we have it available to pass around (manufacturer replaced it for me) :wink:

Mulcuto webshop: https://www.besser-rasieren.de/rasierhobel/

If you’re new to the whole pass around malarky and want to know more, you can have a look at this article. Don’t be scared by the length of the article. Many thanks to Andreas for the pass around template and creating/hosting the linked article.

Here are the rules:
This pass around is limited. Once the pass around is ‘finished’, the razor will come back to me.
Shipping is by ‘signed for’ delivery. Second class will do. You send the tracking number to the recipient and to myself (@Dr Watson).
You are responsible for the razor from the time you receive it until the time the next person signs for it.
Use the razor as much as you like, but don’t hog it and pass it on when you’re done with it.
Let us know how you get on with the razor. Share your experience.
When you are done using the razor and are ready to pass it on, please clean the razor. Nobody really likes handling a dirty razor.

So, who’s interested?

1. ajc347
2. missingskin
3. Andymc133
4. bagman
5. ManicDee
6. Hectorsgaf

The list is closed.

Legend: Completed, Currently with, Waiting, Dropped out

Last edited:

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I’m more than happy to start things off. Thank you for organising this mate. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dr Watson

James
I’m more than happy to start things off. Thank you for organising this mate. [emoji106]

Thank Andy, I'll message you shortly regarding the address etc. For anyone else interested, this razor will post as a large letter if disassembled so it will cost you less than £2 to try.

Dr Watson

James
Apologies for the delay gents, will get this posted out this week. Anyone else want adding to the list? It's actually a really good little razor!

Dr Watson

James
Hey Dr, I would like to give this a go. if you don't mind :thumbsup:
Does it cost much more to post to ROI? I have no problem adding you to the list but it depends if the person above you minds covering the extra, not sure what the usual protocol is here :unsure:

ManicDee

póg mo thóin
Does it cost much more to post to ROI? I have no problem adding you to the list but it depends if the person above you minds covering the extra, not sure what the usual protocol is here :unsure:
I can share a UK based courier address..to keep their cost down

ajc347

Forum GOD!
The Mulcutto has arrived safely and I’ll have my first shave with it tomorrow.

I’ll post up my initial thoughts tomorrow night. [emoji846]