Muhle R41 and blade choices

Chibbs11

Well, I'm about 10 shaves in on the R41, and have tried both Gillete Rubies and Feather blades. Both are good, but I think the Feather just edges it for me. Very efficient! Now I'm just waiting for that titanium handle to arrive... :)

Sami

Altho aggressive razors do the job more efficient in less passes but they take away the fun as you have to tip toe carefully not to get bitten i dont use the r41 much because of that

Chibbs11

@Sami that is true but if you have a few days growth the R41 mows through it with far more ease than a razor with a safety bar. Horses for courses and all that. It’s nice to have some razor options 😀

RandySp

Forum GOD!
Altho aggressive razors do the job more efficient in less passes but they take away the fun as you have to tip toe carefully not to get bitten i dont use the r41 much because of that
If you try a SuperMax Blue Diamond Titanium in this one, you will change your mind.

jphelan81

Forum GOD!
I have never used a R41, I feel for shaving education I should probably buy one. I like the idea of a titanium handle, would the Razorock Halo handle fit this? Looks a great handle from Razorock.

RandySp

Forum GOD!
I have never used a R41, I feel for shaving education I should probably buy one. I like the idea of a titanium handle, would the Razorock Halo handle fit this? Looks a great handle from Razorock.
If it is the standard m5x0.8 yes. I'm not sure though.

The R41. If you try one don't give up after the first shave. It will dig into your skin, it will bite, but at the end of the day it will vanish even the last hair on the face. The easiest BBS of all times. IF you don't press and insist on the same area of course.

OK - handles. For me titanium is the way to go. You get a nice full width, not a thin stick. And most important you can keep the weight down to 50-70g. So you get a good balance. Stainless handles are not for me - too heavy, and end up with most of the weight in the handle so not very agile.

Evgeny Koshelev in Russia makes some good value titanium handles. I've had one of his and it worked well. He's rusdrunkbear on ebay

Here's one that's 15mm wide. Typically about 60g. Mine was. You can use a good titanium handle on all your heads. It's an investment. Evgeny will make any design you like and that has to be interesting. I can confirm that he does take offers. I got 10% off mine.

Timeless makes a decent titanium handle for $55. Just 14mm wide but a nice design. Much better than a 12mm wide handle anyway, which is what you usually end up with in ss or brass.

A R41 with a titanium handle is a different razor entirely, the handling and balance are hugely improved. More comfortable shaves.
Interesting this, will look into this.Never really considered changing the handle but some of these do look good esp. as they are 15 mm wide which I think will for me improve the R 41.