Mixing shave soaps & creams......together......in one shave.

2LabDad

Forum GOD!
Gents, I love the smell of all my soaps. If I don't like the smell, they go non-picky friends. However, I have noticed that some soap fails to perform (i.e. slickness, lather, glide, nourishment, etc...) as good as it smells. I had to shave tonight due to an appointment in the AM. I wanted to use the Abbate y La Mantia Bananna & Coconut (makes my wife happy) soap but I remembered that last time it just did not perform very well. So I got to thinking, and yes "I'd been a 'drinking a bit", and I just went right on ahead an put me a dollop of Lea Sensitive Skin Shave Cream in my nubby dog dish / shave bowl with the dollop of the Abbate y La Mantia. My God! Lather so thick, slick and creamy I thought I was at an Ibiza disco foam party with coeds still drizzled with Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen from the beach rubbing tender parts against my face..... yes, it was that good!

I also like the economy of this, b/c we are all about saving money in the DE shaving game right? Hahahaha. The economics are simple, I can put a dollop of Lea (which is unscented) in with just a little bit of some really swanky great smelling soap or cream and I get a great shave and the expensive stuff lasts longer. I might be able to economically justify the Aqua di Parma and the MDC's that I want now! And yes, you are welcome for the economics lesson....share it with your wives, i'm sure they will agree.

In all seriousness, this was a great idea and the shave was really good from a lather performance standpoint. Has anyone else ever done this. If not, you really should try it. Let me know how it goes.
 
Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
Glad you found a method of making lather that has been around for awhile and usually referred to as a "super lather".

Bob
 

Zwilling

Kamisori shaver
This is why I mostly stick to commercial soaps, they perform consistently well for me on their own and they are easy on the wallet.

I enjoyed the evocative rendering, in any case!
 

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Any soap that doesn’t perform for me goes, fortunately there haven’t been many.
 

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
I do this about 50% of shaves. Nothing like adding something scented to MWF for example.

Note - add a few drops of glycerine to your bowl. Yummy :okay:
 
Top