Mixed Boar and Badger

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by Tyke121, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Tyke121

Tyke121 Über Member

How many here use mixed hair brushes and is there a good reason for having one ,I’ve both boar and badger but why am I leaning towards a mixed hair ,Is it Ned or as usual want lol

GoReds likes this.
  2. Missoni

Missoni Fellow Traveller

...I mostly use mixies (SOC, AP Shave, Bambino). How a brush feels on the face is quite difficult to articulate but it has the face feel I prefer in a brush...scrub...feeling every bristle tip, the right amount of back bone etc. and performs superb with Italian croaps (mixies are magic for me with Cella and Vitos) all things that are so difficult to articulate and is different for everyone I suspect in terms of their preferences...still use badgers, boars and synths, but just not as much...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    donnie_arko and Tyke121 like this.
  3. Rufusdog

Rufusdog Forum GOD!

I have a Semogue Taj mixed badger/boar. It’s a great brush that performs as well as any quality badger. I find it’s face-feel is akin to that of the Simpson best badger or a shavemac Finest badger, but it’s much cheaper. This particular brush is a real hidden gem in brushdom.

Missoni and MrK1 like this.
  4. oscar11

oscar11 Guru

I have a mixed knot from Maggard's that I like a lot. I even bought a spare. I find they have a very distinct feel to them that I enjoy. (Bloodwood handle)
    [​IMG]

5. Pat-W

Pat-W Forum GOD!

Bodgers .......The best of both worlds !!!

20190615_114134-01.jpeg

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice