Mixed Boar and Badger

Tyke121

Über Member
How many here use mixed hair brushes and is there a good reason for having one ,I’ve both boar and badger but why am I leaning towards a mixed hair ,Is it Ned or as usual want lol

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
How many here use mixed hair brushes and is there a good reason for having one ,I’ve both boar and badger but why am I leaning towards a mixed hair ,Is it Ned or as usual want lol
...I mostly use mixies (SOC, AP Shave, Bambino). How a brush feels on the face is quite difficult to articulate but it has the face feel I prefer in a brush...scrub...feeling every bristle tip, the right amount of back bone etc. and performs superb with Italian croaps (mixies are magic for me with Cella and Vitos) all things that are so difficult to articulate and is different for everyone I suspect in terms of their preferences...still use badgers, boars and synths, but just not as much...

Last edited:

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
I have a Semogue Taj mixed badger/boar. It’s a great brush that performs as well as any quality badger. I find its face-feel is akin to that of the Simpson best badger or a shavemac Finest badger, but it’s much cheaper. This particular brush is a real hidden gem in brushdom.

Last edited:

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Buy one, you won't be disappointed, the Semogue Badger & Boar is IMO probably the best to go for with a wood or a slightly heavier resin handle.
I love them, they really are the best of both worlds! :) P.

GoReds

Über Member
Buy one, you won't be disappointed, the Semogue Badger & Boar is IMO probably the best to go for with a wood or a slightly heavier resin handle.
I love them, they really are the best of both worlds! :) P.
Actually I have an Omega aluminium handle and I was thinking of putting a Maggards mix knot. It could be a little cheaper for me. Is Maggards knot any good at 24 mm?

I have more than enough brushes and I just miss a manchurian knot (if that is not a marketing label ) to try only.

Blademonkey

Forum GOD!
Actually I have an Omega aluminium handle and I was thinking of putting a Maggards mix knot. It could be a little cheaper for me. Is Maggards knot any good at 24 mm?

I have more than enough brushes and I just miss a manchurian knot (if that is not a marketing label ) to try only.
I have the mixed from Maggards (24mm) and it's very good, not quite as good as the Semogue but still very good none the less! :) P.