Mitchell's Wool Fat- not just for Shaving.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
One of my favourite Shaving soaps is MWF, and as I have dry skin I thought I might try their Toilet Soap. Its arrival coincided with a visit by friends. Jane has bouts of psoriasis , so I gave her a bar to try and one for
her daughter, who has dry skin too.
Very pleased that all three of used has used it, and find it much superior to the High Street brands, in terms of softness of feel and moisturising the skin.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Nice Matt! I am currently looking at soap bars and shampoo bars from some of our artisans due to rave reviews.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Do not know much about artisan producers , but there are a number of small scale Spanish companies who make
decent reasonably priced bath soaps. I have Alvarez Gomez on the go in the shower. Another source for soap is TKMAX who always have soaps from around the world.

Redd

A Right Member
Do not know much about artisan producers , but there are a number of small scale Spanish companies who make
decent reasonably priced bath soaps. I have Alvarez Gomez on the go in the shower. Another source for soap is TKMAX who always have soaps from around the world.
You can often find SV and Institut Karite at pretty good prices in TKMaxx, unfortunately you never see their shaving gear.

KAV

I'm resurrecting an older thread:blush:
MWF only has limonene and linalool which are a common ingredient in most soaps with additional scents. As I understand it, they provide a lowkey base note to neutralize any odor from other ingredients. I cannot find any
definite comparison except it's like biting an apple between wine tasting to clear you palate or asking for plain vanilla in a yogurt shop with 100 flavors from Kiwi to BBQ Chips. If you like the performance the subtle scent will become favourite too.

bandito

Ex-Addict
MWF was my go to bath soap, but I find the fragrances and moisturising from Nesti Dante soaps to better suit my preferences

pjgh

Forum GOD!
I'm resurrecting an older thread:blush:
MWF only has limonene and linalool which are a common ingredient in most soaps with additional scents. As I understand it, they provide a lowkey base note to neutralize any odor from other ingredients. I cannot find any
definite comparison except it's like biting an apple between wine tasting to clear you palate or asking for plain vanilla in a yogurt shop with 100 flavors from Kiwi to BBQ Chips. If you like the performance the subtle scent will become favourite too.
You're missing the magic, mate ... MWF sprinkle a little magic onto every soap and it performs miracles. Simples.

As we know, a soap is more than the sum of the ingredients but I do agree, it is a rather generic soap in terms of ingredients list and very little stands it out as special in any way. There is lanolin, but it's listed in and amongst the stabilising chemicals so is likely a trace, just to say it's in nowadays (marketing).

Great that it works in all sorts of ways. Certainly as a shaving soap, I still consider it pretty much the best and would be the one I still say is my outright favourite.