Military Issue Razors and Shaving Soap

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Is anyone aware of any online information regarding current issue razors and shaving soap for armies around the world. I am assuming of course that some armies still issue soldiers with shaving kits but I maybe mistaken. I seem to have in my mind that there must be warehouses staffed full of razors and shaving soap in Europe for NATO armies. Would like to know what the Japanese and Russian current issue is.
 
I doubt modern day armies issue shaving gear to troops.
I did my time from '82 to '87 & we had to buy our own gear.
The only thing they provided was the inspection every morning :D . I think the issue of razors only occurred during the two World Wars. And even then, I doubt they were issued with soap. Only razors. I may be wrong of course!
 

R181

Grumpy old man
I too doubt the modern military issues shaving kits. I left the RCN Reserve in 1989 after 20 years and never saw or heard of anyone having an issue shave kit.

Bob
 

Dr Watson

James
I think that is applicable to more than shaving kit
Yeah, aint that the truth! Mate of mine served in Iraq, told me some horror stories... If you wanted any good equipment you had to buy it yourself. I recall hearing about the culture shock of visiting a US base and how totally alien it was, Mcdonalds and KFC, cinema complex, fridges everywhere full of Coke & Mountain Dew... In the British camps you had school dinners and bottled water :happy:
 

culcreuch

Forum GOD!
Yeah, aint that the truth! Mate of mine served in Iraq, told me some horror stories... If you wanted any good equipment you had to buy it yourself. I recall hearing about the culture shock of visiting a US base and how totally alien it was, Mcdonalds and KFC, cinema complex, fridges everywhere full of Coke & Mountain Dew... In the British camps you had school dinners and bottled water :happy:
I have been there ....and Afghan as well. They used to call us 'The Borrowers'. Any American Bases I had to vist were like Holiday Camps compared to ours. T-Bone Steaks and Soft Drinks and ice creams....all FOC. Shopping malls to die for! They really looked after their people
 

Dr Watson

James
I have been there ....and Afghan as well. They used to call us 'The Borrowers'. Any American Bases I had to vist were like Holiday Camps compared to ours. T-Bone Steaks and Soft Drinks and ice creams....all FOC. Shopping malls to die for! They really looked after their people
If we were a American I'd say thank you for your service but it's my experience that British vets usual reply to that is "f*ck off mate" :D
 
Top