Completed MIL Industries Razor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayne

Forum Sod
They arrived today Wayne. :)

I'm looking forward to giving one of them a whirl tomorrow evening. :)
Fab, right on, n stuff like that! Hope you enjoy them and I look forward to your thoughts. A little industrial was my first impressions but due to me being determined to master the Tatara I didn't have time to shave with them.
Cheers
Wayne

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Fab, right on, n stuff like that! Hope you enjoy them and I look forward to your thoughts. A little industrial was my first impressions but due to me being determined to master the Tatara I didn't have time to shave with them.
Cheers
Wayne
"Very Industrial" I would say!

ajc347

Forum GOD!
Well, I'm a few shaves into the black SB razor and its starting to give a better shave the more I use it.

It feels pretty rough around the edges and I can certainly notice the ends of the Baseplate when I'm shaving.

I'd put its performance on a par with a DE89. It feels okay, but is nothing special when compared with the raft of other good Stainless, Brass and Aluminium razors on the market.

The black coating is a definite fail. It's thinly applied and is clearly not up to the task.

The silver finish on the OC doesn't look too great either. The Baseplate looks patchy and there is evidence of the finish bubbling on the underside of the top cap.

I'll use the OC tomorrow in order to see how it shaves. Some of the teeth look to be a tad uneven, so I hope this doesn't cause any problems in use. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajc347

Forum GOD!
I've had a few shaves with the OC and was hoping that I'd like it more than the SB which was, to be fair, a bit of a disappointment.

The positives:

1) The shave is very similar to an OC NEW in terms of efficiency which, for me, is a good thing.

2) The handle has held up better than the black coated one so far. There's no evidence of the coating wearing off that I can see.

The Negatives:

1) The razor head looks roughly made and the coating is bubbling on the underside of the top cap.

2) The shave itself is far from smooth and can only be described as rough.

In my opinion the negatives outweigh the positives I'm afraid and neither razor is one I would want to purchase despite the cheap price The can be picked up for.

Many thanks to @Rowlers for organising the pass around. The opportunity to try these razors has been very much appreciated.

I'm ready to pass the razors on an will PM the next person on the list. [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p.b

Forum GOD!
I've found the black SB to shave very much like a DE89. The silver OC is far more aggressive and I could be tempted if only it didn't look like it was made in a garden shed by a 12 year old with poor hand to eye coordination. The finish is truly shocking. A couple more shaves for me before passing it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.