MdC tres bien

RSSO

SOD of the day
Have fougure and love scent and lather however post shave feel is not there for me , leaves my skin too dry , on that part LSDM is absolutely and undisputed champion

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Conservator

Forum GOD!
My favorite soap. I have one jar of the original left. Fortunately, this soap lasts a very long time. The soap gives me the best shaves.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Have fougure and love scent and lather however post shave feel is not there for me , leaves my skin too dry , on that part LSDM is absolutely and undisputed champion

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Raso I had this issue previously mainly with the non LE scents. I out this down to curing time. The solution was to load less. Infact less than ten swirls, approx 6 gave me enough product for a two pass shave and the post shave feel is infinitely better. With the Rose, Argumes and Vetyver I load for longer without any drying post shave.

Thug

Let's talk about 6, Baby.
I'd love to be able to get some MdC but with the initial high price and then the shipping and importation costs, it just doesn't make economic sense. When I hopefully come over to the UK in approx 18 months, I'll see if I can pick up a puck.

RSSO

SOD of the day
Raso I had this issue previously mainly with the non LE scents. I out this down to curing time. The solution was to load less. Infact less than ten swirls, approx 6 gave me enough product for a two pass shave and the post shave feel is infinitely better. With the Rose, Argumes and Vetyver I load for longer without any drying post shave.
Thx for tip , will try that next time.

rum

Forum GOD!
Hmmm interesting hint. Now all I need to do is order a puck in order to try this and see if it works :hyper:
Ooff, if only I'd kept some!!

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hmmm interesting hint. Now all I need to do is order a puck in order to try this and see if it works :hyper:
Ooff, if only I'd kept some!!
The newer scent I can definitely load for longer as well as leaving on the skin for longer. MdC's layered profiles are gorgeous, winner winner.

rum

Forum GOD!
The newer scent I can definitely load for longer as well as leaving on the skin for longer. MdC's layered profiles are gorgeous, winner winner.
I have only tried samples of these. Really liked the Rose but it wasn’t that good on the skin for me. I think nothing has beaten the original thus far for me.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I have only tried samples of these. Really liked the Rose but it wasn’t that good on the skin for me. I think nothing has beaten the original thus far for me.
That's a shame as the rose certainly is beautifully fragrance. Saying this the original is a lovely fragrance too, I prefer it (scent wise) to LPL original. Vetyver is my favourite of the entire range and you do detect notes of rose in this profile, so if it's a case of irritation through rose EO it may not be worth trying either.

rum

Forum GOD!
That's a shame as the rose certainly is beautifully fragrance. Saying this the original is a lovely fragrance too, I prefer it (scent wise) to LPL original. Vetyver is my favourite of the entire range and you do detect notes of rose in this profile, so if it's a case of irritation through rose EO it may not be worth trying either.
Hmm that means I need to check the Vetyver out in more detail. I liked the fougere most of all. Some of the undertones of that scent were superb.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Hmm that means I need to check the Vetyver out in more detail. I liked the fougere most of all. Some of the undertones of that scent were superb.
Fougere is good my order of preference, scent wise is as follows:
Vetyver
Rose
Fougere
Original
Argumes

The original definitely adds a sense of calm to the shaving experience. I particularly enjoy the herbaceous profile, rosemary being my favourite tone from the bouquet.

p.b

Forum GOD!
@Nishy After following your advice to limit the loading time I've had stellar shaves from MdC. The only reason I've not bought a tub is because I have a sample of each scent from Shavedash and they last forever too!

halvor

a most elusive fish
@Nishy After following your advice to limit the loading time I've had stellar shaves from MdC. The only reason I've not bought a tub is because I have a sample of each scent from Shavedash and they last forever too!
Let me know if you feel an urge to acquire a vetyver, Paul. There might be one waiting for you.

Reactions: p.b