Review Masamune Nodachi razor

Buzzman

Über Member
I do like this razor but I can't use it with a feather blade. I've tried a few times and I end looking like I've been in horror movie. I'll try again with an Astra blade or even a gillette 7 blade.

Shavemd

Forum GOD!
Just got my Nodachi back from my son and after testing out the Start and Yates razors for the past 2 weeks, I would say the Nodachi gave me the best shave with a Persona Israeli red that I have had in the last 2 weeks. I did enjoy the others but the Nodachi is just a step above them.

Shavemd

Forum GOD!
I received my Masamune SB baseplate last night so I loaded up a GSB and paired it with the Nodachi Top cap, Captain’s Choice venture cream and Elite Razor HMW brush. Wow this was a wonderful combo for a very relaxing 3 pas BBS shave.

Fozzie Bear

Forum Clod!
Hi, am I right in thinking that Tatara made the thread screw longer on it’s Nodachi head so it now fits Non Tatara handles with the M5 thread?, can anyone confirm?. Not keen on either handle options with Tatara.

Masamune

Forum GOD!
Yes, the Nodachi thread is longer. I haven't tried it with other handles but others have. They will eventually release a more traditional handle.

shaveSymptomatic

Forum GOD!
I've used the Nodachi for 6 days straight, daily shaving including an ATG pass every single time and I have to say that I find this razor VERY smooth and efficient. It can easily be a daily driver for me. In fact, it's become one of my top 3 razors only surpassed slightly by my 1.55 WR2 and the RS-10 which is saying a lot. I find the nocachi much smoother than the Carbon and Charcoal Goods L2. For those finding this razor to be a bit much, I'd suggest trying a very shallow shaving angle. I was not expecting to be this impressed by this razor, but I sure am now. I have the nodachi with the original masamune handle and the aethetics of the razor are also beautiful and unique. Great job on the razor guys! Definitely one of my favorite razors ever!

Masamune

Forum GOD!
I've used the Nodachi for 6 days straight, daily shaving including an ATG pass every single time and I have to say that I find this razor VERY smooth and efficient. It can easily be a daily driver for me.
Which blade did you use? Thanks for the shallow angle suggestion, I'm trying for the angle recommended by Tatara. It's the same for both the regular Masamune and the Nodachi (24 degrees).

Nodachi gap and angle.jpg

Masamune gap and angle.png