Mamba 0.70

Discussion in 'Double Edge Safety Razors (DE)' started by Nishy, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

N_Architect, slapo, Martini and 4 others like this.
  2. Grishnak

Grishnak Guru

Looking forward to your review @Nishy

Nishy and Martini like this.
  3. Gairdner

Gairdner Forum DOG!

Me too.

fly3k, Nishy and Martini like this.
  4. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

A larger blade gap will make a better razor out of the Mamba. The two things stopping me buying is the length of the handle and the design of it. If I can get a head only option in future I'll try one out for sure.

Nishy and Martini like this.
  5. Martini

Martini Veteran

I spoke to Joe @IB regarding the head only. It is definitively coming. No fixed time frame, but probably sometime Q1 2019.

Wayne likes this.
  6. Holyzeus

Holyzeus TSR reject

The length is perfect ..:), not sure I like the style of the handle though
    What was the previous blade gap?

7. Holyzeus

Holyzeus TSR reject

Found it, 0.53

slapo and Nishy like this.
  8. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

I have only read one user review so far, which was complimentary. Waiting on some more in depth reviews and comparisons with the original. For a numbered piece made with 316 SS (head) and a grade 2 titanium handle, the price is very competitive.

Holyzeus likes this.
  9. Holyzeus

Holyzeus TSR reject

Quite a bit over on DFS mate

Nishy likes this.
  10. jeepie

jeepie Guru

What’s the pervading view?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Holyzeus

Holyzeus TSR reject

They like it
    This paragraph might help,

“So this is a tricky question and even trickier answer...IMO, if we define "efficient" as the ability of the razor to remove as much hair as possible with as few passes/strokes as possible, then the Mamba70 is more "efficient". If we define "efficient" as the characteristic of the razor to be aggressive and blade forward, then the GC84 is more "efficient".

I personally define efficiency as the former...namely how much hair the razor removes with as few strokes as possible. And I believe the Mamba70 ist the most efficient of the Mambas/GCs. That said, both the GC84 and M70 are equally smooth. The GC68 is smoother than either, and the M55 is the smoothest of them all (using the same blades across all razors). The M70 is super safe and doesn't feel like it'll hurt me at all...the GC84 on the other hand, thanks to its substantial gap, has bitten me once or twice when I rushed through my shave and got careless. I don't think the M70 will do that based on my impression off the first shave.”

slapo, jeepie and Grishnak like this.
  12. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

Wow that didn't take long @Nishy! I would have had a dabble too, but I just can't stand the handle.

13. halvor

halvor Esquire

What’s this guy on about? Efficient by definition is the first when it comes to shaving. I doubt anyone will disagree. Had the term in question been the less uniformly understood term “aggressive”, I’d have followed him, with a slight rephrasing of the second explanation.

HMan, slapo and chris.hale like this.
  14. Grishnak

Grishnak Guru

Don’t worry, Nishy will sort out the confusion for us.

That Nishy, he knows his onions..................not that a knowledge of onions will help of course..........

15. halvor

halvor Esquire

I don’t worry at all, merely having a rant at that guy :p:

Rowlers likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice