Mamba 0.70

Wayne

Forum Sod
A larger blade gap will make a better razor out of the Mamba. The two things stopping me buying is the length of the handle and the design of it. If I can get a head only option in future I'll try one out for sure.

Martini

Guru
A larger blade gap will make a better razor out of the Mamba. The two things stopping me buying is the length of the handle and the design of it. If I can get a head only option in future I'll try one out for sure.

I spoke to Joe @IB regarding the head only. It is definitively coming. No fixed time frame, but probably sometime Q1 2019.

Holyzeus

TSR reject
The length is perfect ..:), not sure I like the style of the handle though
What was the previous blade gap?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
I have only read one user review so far, which was complimentary. Waiting on some more in depth reviews and comparisons with the original. For a numbered piece made with 316 SS (head) and a grade 2 titanium handle, the price is very competitive.

Holyzeus

TSR reject
I have only read one user review so far, which was complimentary. Waiting on some more in depth reviews and comparisons with the original. For a numbered piece made with 316 SS (head) and a grade 2 titanium handle, the price is very competitive.
Quite a bit over on DFS mate

Holyzeus

TSR reject
They like it
This paragraph might help,

“So this is a tricky question and even trickier answer...IMO, if we define "efficient" as the ability of the razor to remove as much hair as possible with as few passes/strokes as possible, then the Mamba70 is more "efficient". If we define "efficient" as the characteristic of the razor to be aggressive and blade forward, then the GC84 is more "efficient".

I personally define efficiency as the former...namely how much hair the razor removes with as few strokes as possible. And I believe the Mamba70 ist the most efficient of the Mambas/GCs. That said, both the GC84 and M70 are equally smooth. The GC68 is smoother than either, and the M55 is the smoothest of them all (using the same blades across all razors). The M70 is super safe and doesn't feel like it'll hurt me at all...the GC84 on the other hand, thanks to its substantial gap, has bitten me once or twice when I rushed through my shave and got careless. I don't think the M70 will do that based on my impression off the first shave.”

halvor

a most elusive fish
So this is a tricky question and even trickier answer...IMO, if we define "efficient" as the ability of the razor to remove as much hair as possible with as few passes/strokes as possible, then the Mamba70 is more "efficient". If we define "efficient" as the characteristic of the razor to be aggressive and blade forward, then the GC84 is more "efficient".
What’s this guy on about? Efficient by definition is the first when it comes to shaving. I doubt anyone will disagree. Had the term in question been the less uniformly understood term “aggressive”, I’d have followed him, with a slight rephrasing of the second explanation.

Grishnak

Guru
What’s this guy on about? Efficient by definition is the first when it comes to shaving. I doubt anyone will disagree. Had the term in question been the less uniformly understood term “aggressive”, I’d have followed him, with a slight rephrasing of the second explanation.
Don’t worry, Nishy will sort out the confusion for us.

That Nishy, he knows his onions..................not that a knowledge of onions will help of course..........