Magnetic bracelets

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Just wondering if any of you Gents use magnetic bracelets? My wife is suffering with a torn meniscus and even though is taking Naproxen and Co-codamol (as needed) is still in some discomfort. I was wondering if one of these bracelets would help.
It seems some folk swear by them, but others think it's placebo.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Just wondering if any of you Gents use magnetic bracelets? My wife is suffering with a torn meniscus and even though is taking Naproxen and Co-codamol (as needed) is still in some discomfort. I was wondering if one of these bracelets would help.
It seems some folk swear by them, but others think it's placebo.
I’ll be interested in people take on this for Osteoarthritis.

ScOtt

Forum GOD!
I wear one, suffering from tendon injury (tennis elbow) not really sure It does anything in all honesty, it's getting better but I am also going through physio and taking naproxen/paracetamol/cdb

D

Deleted member 476

If they were effective, I would expect the health science community to have extensive peer reviewed research data to support the claims. Due to the placebo effect, I have no doubt some people will swear they work, but I personally have my strong doubts and think its all BS.

Nisse

Old geezer
Causality? Pain went away when you were using a bracelet but we cannot be sure it went away because you were using this bracelet.

R181

Grumpy old man
Causality? Pain went away when you were using a bracelet but we cannot be sure it went away because you were using this bracelet.
Like I said, I don't know how or why and that would cover causality being unknown. OTH for the price of some copper giving it a try has no down side. I would not pay what they are asking today for some of these new age magnetic bracelets.

Bob

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
Like I said, I don't know how or why and that would cover causality being unknown. OTH for the price of some copper giving it a try has no down side. I would not pay what they are asking today for some of these new age magnetic bracelets.

Bob
To be honest, I think I'm just going to order one to give it a go. Like you say the worst that can happen is that it doesn't work and I'm £20 down...

D

Deleted member 476

One of my immediate family is a Registered Pharmacist and they deal with this throughout their day. Especially natural herb remedies and taking vitamin cures. Three things they say stand out for me.

(1) Big Pharma doesn't have all the answers, nor a vested interest in cheap simple remedies. No snake oil salesman will ever make billions $$$ hawking $20 copper bracelets to alleviate joint pain, but big pharma often do make billions by hawking the latest Arthritis medication.
(2) The placebo effect is real and often works for small discomforts (headaches, minor pain etc). but will NEVER be a authentic cure for Cancer. As long as you clearly know that, no harm, no foul, unless that snake oil is $200,000 or that you actually do believe that it will cure terminal illnesses.
(3) Doctors rarely prescribe sugar pills, but they do often prescribe medications in such low doses, every qualified medical professional involved knows its going to have no proven effect or side effect on what the patient feels and is simply prescribed for their mental health, more than their physical health.