Maggard Razors Black Friday & Cyber Monday sales

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
So what have you folks bought during the sales? I've only ordered this product so far:

I bought that, the Zingari unscented balm, some Lucky Tiger Face Tonic and an unscented Southern Witchcrafts. I'm tempted by that discount on the Rex coming up too.

sev-8

Forum GOD!
Looking to buy a couple of Southern Witchcraft soaps and an aftershave, but think I'm going to wait for the 10% off everything day. Also tempted by the Arko, Baili razor and blue MR11 handle but don't need any of those

TheChrisC

Forum GOD!
Looking to buy a couple of Southern Witchcraft soaps and an aftershave, but think I'm going to wait for the 10% off everything day. Also tempted by the Arko, Baili razor and blue MR11 handle but don't need any of those
You might find that the shipping discount is more helpful now, as the 10% off happens after the economy shipping offer has ended so you might end up having less of a discount because of the shipping cost.

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Yep, the 10% discount on Wednesday only beats the 70% discount on shipping costs if you order a few light and very expensive items. A great example of that would be the Above The Tie Calypso SE1 which I ordered a month ago. Shipping was only $5.12 while the price of the razor was $96. If you'd order that razor now, you'd get a $3.58 discount while on Wednesday the discount would be $9.6.

Last edited:

sev-8

Forum GOD!
You might find that the shipping discount is more helpful now, as the 10% off happens after the economy shipping offer has ended so you might end up having less of a discount because of the shipping cost.
Yeah, wasn't sure which would work out the cheapest. Might have to go for the shipping discount then based on @CobraX 's post

CobraX

Forum GOD!
You can calculate the total price of the order now and on Wednesday and see for yourself which the cheapest option is.
  • Add the products you want to buy to your shopping cart.
  • Select "Economy International" as your shipping method and write down the shipping costs and price of the products.
That's all the info you need. I'll give an example where I've only added a tub of Barrister and Mann Seville to my shopping cart ($15.99) and selected "Economy International" as the shipping method ($1.83).

1) 24-26 November: 70% discount on economy international shipping

After adding Seville to my shopping cart, I can see that the shipping costs are $1.83. There's currently a 70% discount on economy international shipping which means we only pay 30% of the normal shipping costs. That $1.83 is 30%.

Shipping costs:
-> $1.83 = 30%
-> $1.83 / 30 = 30% / 30
-> $0.061 = 1%

Total price:
1x Barrister and Mann Seville: $15.99
1x shipping costs (70% discount): $1.83
= $17.82

2) 27 November: 10% discount on all products (minus a few exceptions)

On Wednesday you'll pay the full price for the shipping costs, which means 100%. We already know from step 1 that 1% = $0.061.

Shipping costs:
-> $0.061 x 100 = 1% x 100
-> $6.1 = 100%

10% discount on products:
-> $15.99 x 0.9 (=90%) = $14.39

Total price:
1x Barrister and Mann Seville (10% discount): $14.39
1x shipping costs: $6.1
= $20.49

Last edited:

CobraX

Forum GOD!
Had to think about this for a bit before I placed the order because I still have about a third left in my Thayers Original Witch Hazel Toner bottle. What sealed the deal for me was that I saved about $6.55 on shipping costs which is a little over half of the product price ($11.95).