London Oatcake

D

Deleted member 1881

The only point I can criticize was the tin size and that isn't bad really is it? Apart from that it is a great product.
Yeah but the tin won't rust over time Wayne? It's stainless?

The tin reminds me a Serbian artisan soap, Dendi. Quite small loading area.

p.b

Forum GOD!
Oh! And another thing I’m not keen on, at £12 undelivered for a Measly 2.8 ounces or 80g in that European measuring system it is flipping expensive and DOUBLE the cost of Stirling ounce for ounce and no soap is worth double what Stirling costs IMHO.
At least it means it won’t last forever and ever like Stirling does!

Mr_Smartepants

Genius Member
For me, the tin is far too small to load the brush in. I don't use small brushes. :wink:
I scooped some out of the tin and smeared it in my lather bowl. Worked fine.
My other issue with this soap is cost.
I'll use the WSP soap above as a comparative example.
WSP costs $15 USD (11.69 GBP) for 4.7 oz (133g). 8.8p/gram
Oatcake costs 12 GBP for 80g. 15p/gram
Oatcake costs nearly twice as much as WSP.

Another example with MdC.
MdC costs 37 Euros (32.72 GBP) for 200g. 16p/gram
Nearly the same cost as MdC? Something to consider.

D

Deleted member 1881

So, the result is a quite expensive soap for no reason I believe. Any better than Stirling? Any better than Caties Bubbles? Any better than Phoenix & Beau?

The tin really seems small. I would consider buying it only for this. I am used to Wickham & PhoenixBeau.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
For me, the tin is far too small to load the brush in. I don't use small brushes. :wink:
I scooped some out of the tin and smeared it in my lather bowl. Worked fine.
My other issue with this soap is cost.
I'll use the WSP soap above as a comparative example.
WSP costs $15 USD (11.69 GBP) for 4.7 oz (133g). 8.8p/gram
Oatcake costs 12 GBP for 80g. 15p/gram
Oatcake costs nearly twice as much as WSP.

Another example with MdC.
MdC costs 37 Euros (32.72 GBP) for 200g. 16p/gram
Nearly the same cost as MdC? Something to consider.
Aside from cost , what did you think of the soap Erik?

D

Deleted member 1881

Based on the ingredients list & the quantity I would cost this soap 8-9 euros.

No more.

Sorry for this.

Randy

Edit: ok, I read them again. Maybe 10 euros maximum.

This soap I think needs more grams in order to be fair-priced. 100gr would be a good number.

Last edited by a moderator:

oatcakes

Veteran
Based on the ingredients list & the quantity I would cost this soap 8-9 euros.

No more.

Sorry for this.

Randy

Edit: ok, I read them again. Maybe 10 euros maximum.

This soap I think needs more grams in order to be fair-priced. 100gr would be a good number.
I assure you that my soap is fairly priced considering the expensive ingredients/fragrance/prep. I did not set out to rip anyone off on this journey, purely to make a high quality shaving soap. Sure, nothing is going to be as good bang for buck as Stirling is if you want to go down that route, I just ask that you try it before you knock it.

I wanted a smaller size soap because in my experience, most of the shaving soaps I have bought have ended up dying on me before I even used half of them up.
As for the small tins, it is very hard to source wide aluminium tins so have settled for these for now until I can afford a bespoke tin design one day. I didn't want to go plastic on this one. :santa:

Take it easy gents!
Oatface

Wayne

Forum Sod
I assure you that my soap is fairly priced considering the expensive ingredients/fragrance/prep. I did not set out to rip anyone off on this journey, purely to make a high quality shaving soap. Sure, nothing is going to be as good bang for buck as Stirling is if you want to go down that route, I just ask that you try it before you knock it.

I wanted a smaller size soap because in my experience, most of the shaving soaps I have bought have ended up dying on me before I even used half of them up.
As for the small tins, it is very hard to source wide aluminium tins so have settled for these for now until I can afford a bespoke tin design one day. I didn't want to go plastic on this one. :santa:

Take it easy gents!
Oatface
Ripping people off is a little harsh! Saying your soap is pound for pound expensive is what was said and has proved to be the point in price comparison with other premium priced soaps. The small tin is fine but if you really want to go down the small tin route then as with the WSP tin pictured it would look better if you fill it up. A full small tin looks better than half a small tin, which makes it look worse than it is, in my opinion. Performance is good, the product is good, as is the ingredient list. No one can knock that. I like using it but value for money would prevent me buying more which is a little sad for me sorry Oatcake.