Liver reducing diet

Waynecornwall

Über Member
Ha
my surgeon sent me some paperwork pre my gallbladder removal , I’ve 2 options apparently
#1 the milk diet, I’ll leave that to ur imagination to guess what I can have on that diet plan

#2 the yoghurt diet, have a guess

Supposed to be for 2 weeks

TobyC

Patriot
Ha
my surgeon sent me some paperwork pre my gallbladder removal , I’ve 2 options apparently
#1 the milk diet, I’ll leave that to ur imagination to guess what I can have on that diet plan

#2 the yoghurt diet, have a guess

Supposed to be for 2 weeks
Can you have milk and yogurt, or strictly one or the other?

R181

Grumpy old man
Times must have changed as years ago my wife had her gall bladder out and can't recall any special pre op diet being advised. OTH they now use laparoscopic surgery so that may be the difference.

Bob

Waynecornwall

Über Member
Times must have changed as years ago my wife had her gall bladder out and can't recall any special pre op diet being advised. OTH they now use laparoscopic surgery so that may be the difference.

Bob
It’s an attempt to shrink my liver, so when they go in laparoscopically there’s less liver to lift out of the way , tbh I’d rather they just open me up and take it out, can’t be doing with just drinking milk or yoghurt

Waynecornwall

Über Member
I think your surgeon may be suggesting something along these lines:

Disclaimer: Don’t take medical advice from shaving forums…
The annoying thing is I’ve dropped over a stone in 5months, low fat diet for the past 6 weeks, I’d elect for open surgery tbh, milk gives me the shits, and the only yoghurt type stuff I can tolerate in any amount is skyr,

Last edited:

R181

Grumpy old man
It’s an attempt to shrink my liver, so when they go in laparoscopically there’s less liver to lift out of the way , tbh I’d rather they just open me up and take it out, can’t be doing with just drinking milk or yoghurt
That explains it, thanks. No, you really don't want the old way of doing it. That makes for a longer recovery as Jamie says and my wife would agree. She wishes she had had the keyhole surgery method they switched to a few years after her op. Stay with the doctor's advice and you will be ahead of the game. Best of luck to you for a quick recovery.

Bob

p.b

Forum GOD!
yeah - good luck Wayne.

If it's shits or boring Skyr I'd go with the boring skyr one.