Liquid Alum Spray, Im the only one?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by FaTist, Feb 14, 2018.

1. FaTist

FaTist Active Member

hey all
    recently started watching shave videos, and joining ATG, and have yet to see anyone use Alum in a spray bottle.
    Im a shower shaver and a couple dropped and shattered alum blocks got me thinking so I break out the hack saw and chop up my block into little cubes, then drop one in a little wal-mart spritzer bottle and let it dissolve in distilled water. problem solved.

But Ive yet to see anyone else use Alum like this. Am I the only one? Anyone else?

Does this change the composition and everyone else knows this but Im slowly killing myself and no one will tell me?

2. mike_the_kraken

mike_the_kraken Señor member

If I want liquid alum, I just use witch hazel ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

R181 likes this.
  3. olie29

olie29 Über Member

Pit Rok do a liquid alum you can get it in boots

4. Witch Hazel for me..only use Alum if I've had a nightmare shave. Mind you a lot of the decent aftershave splashes contain some alum I would have thought.
    That said, your method might work great.

5. Eeyore

Eeyore Guru

Alum spray? No danger of inhaling it?

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.

6. halvor

halvor Esquire

I have a styptic stick for stopping bleeding, but beyond that I’ve never understood how alum does any favour to the skin whatsoever. YMMV clearly. If you do use it, I’m sure a homemade spray should work. (Could even try to add some glycerine to counteract the drying effect, unless that’s what you’re after.)

Nishy and Shaverrific666 like this.
  7. I bought an alum block when I first started wet shaving. I only used it once. As soon as your technique kicks in, you won't need stick, spray, or block.

8. Conservator

Conservator Senior Member

I haven't seen alum spray except for deodorant. I'm not a fan and prefer WH, too.

9. Dodgy vu

Dodgy vu Über Member

Hiya,

What work best for me is stuff called 'My Nik is Sealed', which is a roll on. Works well but sadly it's clear and doesn't leave a nice white powdery residue when the bleeding stops like the pencils do. Aww shucks. However the liquid stings as much or more, which is a plus for those who like a burn....heh.

Under $10 and lasts a along time.

Martin

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice