Link to double edged blades magnified 400x

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
thanks hopefully useful as a comparison to factory finish-and before use-might do updates of once used -later on- as well as maybe single edged blades also-

SweeneyTodd

Forum GOD!
I'd be very interested to see a few "before and after" photographs of blades which have been palm-stropped; a couple of passes each side/edge only.

I've tried palm-stropping (or more precisely, edge of hand) on blades which I consider rough, but it's difficult to determine whether it makes any difference, or if it's all down to psychology and perception. I think high-magnification views would go some way to showing if this works, or is just a shaving "myth".

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
i have heard of shavers using a wine bottle cork to strop a new blade with to improve factory grinding marks or remove minute metal shavings which might be present-i did some pics of a cork stropped blade -a good while back in order to check a before and after pic but there was no visual difference in the before and after pics at all-more in the mind i would say

Gasman

Forum GOD!
Ive wondered about this cork thing myself. I have ran the edge on a cork to smooth it. But im afraid it just folded over the high spots. Then you have another issue.