Lemon scented soap

chinski

Forum GOD!
Haven’t been on here for a while. I fancy trying a lemon scented soap and aftershave. Any recommendations gratefully received.

thanks in advance.

hotmetal

Legendary Member
Do you mean as a set?
The only lemon I've tried so far is Álvarez Gómez Agua de Colonia Concentrada. This is more "lemon meringue pie" than refreshing citrus. I really like the scent, it's summery but comforting. Despite the name though, and in accordance with the price, it does not last terribly long. I'm not sure what soap would go with it. I used to use it with Extro Cosmesi Arancia Italiana but obviously that's orange rather than lemon. Pairs well but not what you asked.

Arko of course is lemony, but in the same way that those yellow cubes in pub urinals are lemon. I know some people love it and I've tried to but can't get past the toilet smell! Duru or Kolonya are standard cheap Turkish lemon splashes.

I am probably barking up the wrong tree, hopefully someone else can suggest a decent soap and splash that fits your needs.

Last edited:

Paul L

Forum GOD!
Myrsol Agua De Limon aftershave (if you can find it in the UK?) - Brexit seems to have put the mockers on lots of European imports.
It has a nice Sherbert Lemon scent that lasts a couple of hours.
The only lemon scented soap I have is WSP Spring Rain, which I believe is no longer in production.
I'm sure you'll get some recommendations soon.

chazt

Forum !
I have a puck of the old lemon scented AoS tallow. It’s a terrific soap. But frankly, as far as citrusy scents go, I prefer Mike’s Lime and DRH Arlington.

Vacumatic

Testy
As an aside, there is a colourant called Tartrazine, also known as 19140, which is often used in lemon scented soaps. A number of people including me are allergic to this additive. The allergy presents as itchy redness on the face and then cracking of the skin within a day, Even lemon body wash soap makes me itchy.

It might be worth checking the ingredients if you are at risk and before purchase.

slapo

It's... alive!
SueZBana makes a few:

I had the Lemon and Tea Tree one. It was quite lemony and a very decent performer.

Cpfrombv

Sami

Forum GOD!
The only lemon scented shaving cream/soap i like is derby shaving cream lemon if only there was a similar quality soap and aftershave with the exact same scent that lasts

Gairdner

Forum GOD!
Seaside Soap & Skincare do an all natural lemon scented soap with the fragrance coming from pure lemon essential oil. It is a thoroughly excellent soap, the scent is really nice and nothing like ARKO et al.

They have a shop on Etsy and also do samples of which I’ve tried the Lemon; Frankinscence, Lavender & Bergamot and Basil, Peppermint and Lime. I have full size tubs of their Pine, Vetiver and Patchouli as well as Peppermint. Both are excellent but the PVP scent is truly beguiling, masculine stuff. Sam and Carl the owners are lovely people too. Alas, they don’t do any splashes as yet but these are first class, artisanal, British made soaps. I’ve no affiliation other than being a delighted customer.

Another option is La Barbiera UK who have their own website as well as an Amazon and eBay presence. They recently released their own range of hard shaving soaps in a 60g cake. Lemon is one of the scents and I’ve watched a very favourable review of this scent from a trusted YouTube source.The review prompted me to order their Sweet Orange and Classic (woody) soaps. They’re also British made with each soap costing around £3.80 delivered or all four for £10 inclusive of postage. I regularly buy blades and other items from them and can vouch for their excellent service.

Links here:

Seaside Soap & Skincare Lemon Shaving Soap

La Barbiera Lemon Shaving Soap

Hope this helps.