Leather belts

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Interesting thread.. Just binned a belt that the buckle separated from. We worked out that I had been using it almost daily for over 28 years and where did it come from? Next!. Nothing special but boy did it last well. This was more of a 1 1/2 " belt rather than a smaller trouser belt. Using a nice Timberland in its place but still miss the old one.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
This guys an eBay seller, he's a saddler all handmade his belts are top-notch, English bridle leather, I own this one.

View attachment 54418View attachment 54419
Link is dead. Have you got seller details please Jamie?

Last edited:

Paul G

Forum GOD!
Interesting thread.. Just binned a belt that the buckle separated from. We worked out that I had been using it almost daily for over 28 years and where did it come from? Next!. Nothing special but boy did it last well. This was more of a 1 1/2 " belt rather than a smaller trouser belt. Using a nice Timberland in its place but still miss the old one.
@stormcrowuk belts are beautiful and still haven't broke in and look like new even after months of wearing 4 to 5 days a week.

Hectorsgaf

Well used member
Got one from Knights Saddlery on Jamie's recommendation. Nice guy there was super quick in making a belt to order. Very pleased. Quality gear. Picture does not do it justice.
IMG_6254.JPG

HereticHermit

Forum GOD!
Gents, I am looking for a formal/office wear leather belt. Just tired with the ‘Italian leather’ type non-stitch belts of two halves pasted together that invariably splits and open at seam no sooner than next Christmas.

I was looking through few shell cordovan from online store of brands and say, they cost an arm and a leg for overseas customer. Etsy is not exactly cheap either, unless I have spectacularly failed knowing how filter button works.

Is there any hobby website that can supply only the ‘blanks’ of a generic length, made from bridle leather or cordovan? I can get it finished with buckle and sewing from my trusted shoemaker.

I am also open to suggestions for a handmade belt from independent craftsman.

stormcrowuk

Forum GOD!
Gents, I am looking for a formal/office wear leather belt. Just tired with the ‘Italian leather’ type non-stitch belts of two halves pasted together that invariably splits and open at seam no sooner than next Christmas.

I was looking through few shell cordovan from online store of brands and say, they cost an arm and a leg for overseas customer. Etsy is not exactly cheap either, unless I have spectacularly failed knowing how filter button works.

Is there any hobby website that can supply only the ‘blanks’ of a generic length, made from bridle leather or cordovan? I can get it finished with buckle and sewing from my trusted shoemaker.

I am also open to suggestions for a handmade belt from independent craftsman.

Belt blanks are available from these online shops

https://beamhouseleather.co.uk/coll...able-tanned-uk-leather?variant=40964776427703

https://www.artisanleather.co.uk/category-479.html