Lay Z Spa

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Anyone any experience with Lay Z Spa’s. One of Mrs Northam’s friends at work as just got one and Now she’s shown an interest in one.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Just as long as you’re prepared for the upkeep, everyone I know who bought one doesn’t use it anymore
We probably use it six months of the year. They are inflatable so you can take it down and put it up easily enough. That would eliminate some of the upkeep.

Burgundy

Forum GOD!
I think I like the idea of a hot in tub more than I would enjoy the reality. I’m convinced I should’ve caught Legionnaire’s Disease from one particularly grim hot tub we used in a place we stayed at near Brecon.

Edit: Typo...

Last edited:

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
I think I like the idea of a hot in tub more than I would enjoy the reality. I’m convinced I should’ve caught Legionnaire’s Disease from one particularly grim hot tub we used in a place we stayed at near Brecon.

Edit: Typo...
Must say it does appeal to me. Sit and chill in hot water with an ice cold beer. At least if it’s a home one you test the water and you know it’s safe.

Rowlers

Massive Member
Staff member
My mate had one and managed to get 3 summers out of it. Each year, there was multiple new punctures to repair, before he gave up and threw it all in the bin. He used it a lot and thought it was good value. I cannot see the attraction, but then again I have a small garden and feckwits for neighbours...

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
My mate had one and managed to get 3 summers out of it. Each year, there was multiple new punctures to repair, before he gave up and threw it all in the bin. He used it a lot and thought it was good value. I cannot see the attraction, but then again I have a small garden and feckwits for neighbours...
Our garden isn’t that big, but we have a nice corner spot it would sit in and it’s not really over looked, not that it worries me. It’s sort of around a corner and next door is hardly there, she’s off to the gym or running, wouldn’t even know we had it.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
My wife mentioned one so please let us know what you think..

...... But the photos should probably stop now!!! Lol.
Will do, taking an absolute age to fill but once it’s done it will be a case of adding chemicals and leaving it on for tomorrow. Can’t wait to chill with a beer. We got ours from Homebase, pretty good on price there.

Reactions: MPH

Rufusdog

Forum GOD!
We had a hot tub for 16/years. SWMBO insisted on installing it, but I used it only twice in all that time. Even though it was SWMBO’s idea I was the one who became responsible for the upkeep and it was a real pain in the derrière. Last year I finally convinced SWMBO to get rid of it and I’ve never been happier.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Well, must say rather enjoying our spa. Used it quite a bit, just been in it for the last hour or so, with massage on and with it off. Maintenance isn’t too bad, must also say my son has been good at taking a turn testing and adding chemicals. The chlorine is the major one that needs topping up, the test strips help keep an eye on that. I find it really relaxing.