KR's Lathe Worx...

Discussion in 'Shaving Brushes' started by Rowlers, Jul 28, 2017.

1. Rowlers

Rowlers Massive Member Staff Member

IMG_20170728_135309.jpg
    Don't know anything about it, dad has just sent me this pic...
    Bear in mind this his first time using a wood lathe for about 20 years!
    But, if that's his first effort, I can't wait to see what else he comes up with...

2. Nick_S

Nick_S Craft Beer Connoisseur

Looks very much like riding a bike, you don't forget! Hats off to your old man, great little handle :)

Rowlers and halvor like this.
  3. Conservator

Conservator Veteran

Very nice. I love the look of natural wood.

Rowlers likes this.
  4. halvor

halvor Esquire

If he hasnt touched a lathe in 20 years, then it must be akin to cycling - once you know how etc. Well done, Rowlers Sr.!

Rowlers likes this.
  5. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

Lee you know where I stand, let me know when he is ready for ATG sponsorship :wink:

Rowlers likes this.
  6. Godfather

Godfather Forum GOD!

I'm in, sold to the Italian gent!!!! Very nice piece of work. Please pass on my congratulations!

Rowlers and Nishy like this.
  7. Rowlers

They will be for sale, when he is up to speed, but I'll just keep updating this thread with his exploits.
    PM if there is anything specific you would like or if you are interested in anything you see..
    I'll pass on your thoughts chaps..:okay:

8. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

If he gets time at some point, if he could turn a snowman in snakewood I would be very grateful.

Mrchick and Rowlers like this.
  9. Rowlers

I can but ask..

Nishy likes this.
  10. Wayne

Wayne Forum Sod

Lovely job, it's really nice.

Rowlers likes this.
  11. Definitely interested in how these develop Lee ! Great work from Mr Rowlers Senior:thumbsup::bravo:

Rowlers likes this.
  12. Acer89

Acer89 James

Fab... pleased he's back at the lathe..... Woot... I'll be up for a snowman.:thumbsup:

13. pjgh

pjgh Forum GOD!

That looks very tactile and I reckon would hold in the hand just lovely for a face latherer. More to come?

14. Rowlers

Once he has the "snowman" shape down, I can't see it being a problem. Any particular wood?
    Absolutely! He only just go the lathe on Monday, so he is still getting to grips with it again with the wood he has lying about his man cave. The is another Burr Elm coming tomorrow apparently, no idea what shape it will be - whatever takes his fancy I guess!
    He also has plans to make pens too!
    What I don't want it to overwhelm him, it needs to remain fun for him; at the minute he is loving it..

Nishy and Acer89 like this.
  15. Acer89

Acer89 James

Hard Briar would be my first choice. No rush though. I can foresee many ATG group buys coming his way. Wood turning is a fantastic trade or hobby. Good for your dad.....I like him already! :thumbsup:

Rowlers likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice