Konsul Slant Adjustable by Rex Co./Razor Emporium...

Northstonehill

Forum GOD!
EA39F4BD-2164-4BBF-BBE1-8A2E4150E4D7.jpeg

Very fast report back on my first impressions and the inaugural Konsul shave:

First impressions: One of the most handsome manliest razors I ever held. Seems lighter than it’s weight in hand, like a 3rd gen Aristocrat (82 grams). Probably because it appears very well balanced. Built like a tank. Underside of baseplate is really not perfectly buffed, almost has a hologram effect, cannot believe that was intentional. May post video later. But for some reason it still looks nice anyway, actually looks cool (perhaps I just really want to love it, haha :blush:).

FIRST SHAVE this morning:
Feather blade, Proraso Green soap. I am a softie who prefers mild razors with sharp blades. I love adjustables for their cool design but really rarely use the adjustability, just set it low and keep it there. This time though I did decide to adjust it during the shave…

Very nice in hand, awesome build. On this one the blade mounting took a bit of wiggling due to the short posts (as someone else also mentioned somewhere).

Did my usual 3-pass (WTG/XTG/ATG). 1st pass on setting 2, just shaved away. I am a bar rider and I just did as usual. A wee bit of blade feel but at standard Tech level so no problem. Very easy shaver, a little bit of dragging, just not as smooth as a nickel or rhodium plated vintage… Could be due to the heavier weight? But I am beginning to suspect that stainless razors have that (though my AS-D2 did not, as I recall).

2nd pass on setting 1, almost no blade feel whatsoever and still very nice (but not the best I’ve tried). Considered not taking a 3rd pass but did so anyway as I was enjoying myself. Could still feel (and hear) some whiskers being removed.

Afterwards the results I have to say are excellent! This razor is really(!) efficient and the result was right up there with the best razors I have tried. Soooo smooth feeling.

Conclusion: First shave overall superfine, no-nonsense mild shaver, just shave away! The grip is much better than any vintage razor I’ve used and the weight is no problem at all. I like this razor and look forward to dialling it in more over the next week.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
View attachment 110826

Very fast report back on my first impressions and the inaugural Konsul shave:

First impressions: One of the most handsome manliest razors I ever held. Seems lighter than it’s weight in hand, like a 3rd gen Aristocrat (82 grams). Probably because it appears very well balanced. Built like a tank. Underside of baseplate is really not perfectly buffed, almost has a hologram effect, cannot believe that was intentional. May post video later. But for some reason it still looks nice anyway, actually looks cool (perhaps I just really want to love it, haha :blush:).

FIRST SHAVE this morning:
Feather blade, Proraso Green soap. I am a softie who prefers mild razors with sharp blades. I love adjustables for their cool design but really rarely use the adjustability, just set it low and keep it there. This time though I did decide to adjust it during the shave…

Very nice in hand, awesome build. On this one the blade mounting took a bit of wiggling due to the short posts (as someone else also mentioned somewhere).

Did my usual 3-pass (WTG/XTG/ATG). 1st pass on setting 2, just shaved away. I am a bar rider and I just did as usual. A wee bit of blade feel but at standard Tech level so no problem. Very easy shaver, a little bit of dragging, just not as smooth as a nickel or rhodium plated vintage… Could be due to the heavier weight? But I am beginning to suspect that stainless razors have that (though my AS-D2 did not, as I recall).

2nd pass on setting 1, almost no blade feel whatsoever and still very nice (but not the best I’ve tried). Considered not taking a 3rd pass but did so anyway as I was enjoying myself. Could still feel (and hear) some whiskers being removed.

Afterwards the results I have to say are excellent! This razor is really(!) efficient and the result was right up there with the best razors I have tried. Soooo smooth feeling.

Conclusion: First shave overall superfine, no-nonsense mild shaver, just shave away! The grip is much better than any vintage razor I’ve used and the weight is no problem at all. I like this razor and look forward to dialling it in more over the next week.
Any possibilty of a photo of your baseplate underside? So tempted.

Razorboy

Forum GOD!
Second version of Ambassador is better of the first … slant is better of the last Ambassador
For sure a nice tool but One is enough for me 😅

carbold

Carlo
The Rex is hit and miss quality wise. My first one was awful, bad machine marks everywhere, and the knurling on the handle was awfully machined. My second one was much better, but I bought it second hand and I was able to see the pics before buying.
Guess it's the same with the Konsul, for what I can see in that pic.
The problem is, you can't even polish it yourself because you'd loose the engraving