King of Shaves Retro 4

Sabre

Forum GOD!
Yea, I wonder if they fit this handle, and wonder if the blades are even any good
I have tried the Flex 4. I used it for three strokes, it shaved okay but felt very uncomfortable. I only gave it ago as someone raved about them :confused:.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
I have tried the Flex 4. I used it for three strokes, it shaved okay but felt very uncomfortable. I only gave it ago as someone raved about them :confused:.
Yea i've seen reviews that the Flex 4 blades are pretty bad. If KOS have just brought a load of the same blades its not going to be worth it. Pity as I liked the idea of the aluminum handle

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
@Sabre ok my retro 4 arrived yesterday and its a lovely handle for a cart razor and it shave really well. I'm surprised. I'm now thinking do the bic's shave as well. Where did you say you could pick up cheap ones?

Sabre

Forum GOD!
@Sabre ok my retro 4 arrived yesterday and its a lovely handle for a cart razor and it shave really well. I'm surprised. I'm now thinking do the bic's shave as well. Where did you say you could pick up cheap ones?
Savers, Wilko and Sainsburys do the disposables. I am not too sure where you can find the hybrid packs.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Savers, Wilko and Sainsburys do the disposables. I am not too sure where you can find the hybrid packs.
The disposables are only the flex 3s at those stores.

Edit... my bad wiko have 3pk of the flex 4 for 1.50 whoop. I'm off to grab a pack tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Ok these are defo Bic blades. I've not got the Bic flex 4 from Wiko yet but just looking at the 2 blades shipped with the handle and the blade holder has Bic logo on it. Had another shave with this razor tonight and i'm really impressed. If the blades can last enrapture many shaves my Dorco pace 4 or my Mach 3 then this will shoot to the top of my cart list. Just hoping the disposables can be pulled apart to salvage the blade for this handle.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
So I can confirm that these are Bic 4 hybrid advance blades.
Once i've seen the disposable Flex 4 comfort I'll be sure if they're the same as those as well.

3084224.jpg

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Boom the Bic flex 4 comfort disposables are the same blades as the KOS Retro 4, and you can salvage them for the KOS handle. The even sweeter deal is that a pack of 3 Bic flex 4 comfort disposables are £1.50 at Wilko on sale...