Kindle

Jacobite

Forum GOD!
I use the kindle on an ipad. Great for travel- books, computer, etc all in one. If I see a book and want it NOW the kindle is great- one click and I can read it. I have a lot of stuff on there that you can just pick up and start reading- Shakespeare, ancient Greek & Roman writers, GK Chesterton, Samuel Johnson, books like that. They are often free or cost next to nothing on Amazon. However, if you have to cite books for scholarly writing the kindle is sometimes useless. I have seen many kindle books- even from academic or university presses- that do not have page numbers- only location numbers. Makes it impossible to cite specific passages from the book.

N_Architect

Travel, See, Feel, Explore
Quick question, for an older Kindle device.

I've had this for years, I believe it was 2010 or 2011 that I acquired it from Amazon.co.uk

Has had no use whatsoever for the last 5-6 years, remained in its sleeve.

The beige light is on when I try to charge but in actual fact the battery does not seem to truly.charge.
Device will not turn on as well.

What else can I do? I read somewhere that Amazon can replace these if you write to them. Is that true?

P1070490.JPG
P1070491.JPG

Chris

Forum DOG!
Staff member
Once you've ruled out the charger itself as being the problem I'd contact Amazon. Rechargeable batteries have a finite lifespan and it's possible that yours has died. I don't know if they'd be able to offer a replacement battery for an old device but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

G_man

Forum GOD!
I am also a Kindle Paperwhite user. Very satisfied. It's also very useful for the beach reading (which for me is currently impossible with 2 little kids :) ).

Reactions: p.b