Kamijo Yukio

RSSO

Member #11
Some time ago this beauty showed up, craftsmanship is out of this world.
Would love to have skills to restore this beauty with my two left hands bat that's not going to happen in this lifetime so of to restoration cant wait to see and try it.

Kamijo Yukio ( 上条幸夫 ) is famous Japanese blacksmith, his razors are werry hard to find , and should be on same level as Iwasaki. One side of thang have his name , other side have kanji 手打 (teuchi) that means hand made and serial number. Most of his razors have distinguish thang with forge marks and kanjis in green. He is well known for collaboration with Mr Kosuke. In collaboration with Kamijo Iwasaki made his first SR.
What kind of steel was used for this SR is what I don't know it doesnt look like Swedes or Yasuki steel , it looks similar to Tamahagane bat dont think it is. I'm really far far away from knowing much about steel so take this only as wild guess. Does anyone have info regarding steel he used? Did he used different steel on razors above serial number 3000?

If somone here tried or have Kamijo would be interesting to hear impression.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

efsk

Forum GOD!
Very nice. Very, very nice indeed. Were it mine, I'd have only treated it with Gundelputz or Autosol, and have it showing its age with shine. Looking forward to seeing this when it's done.

JamieM

Forum GOD!
Very nice Raso, there's not much to restore on that razor only the blade as the tang is a natural forged hammered with black carbon finish, I saw that one I was in two minds of bidding.

Snuff

Forum GOD!
I have one and bought one for a friend, both are very nice shavers that will not leave our shaving den for sure.

RSSO

Member #11
Very nice Raso, there's not much to restore on that razor only the blade as the tang is a natural forged hammered with black carbon finish, I saw that one I was in two minds of bidding.
There is some slighty uneaven hone ware, hope it doesnt need regrind , really dont like to regrind my razors.
So glad you didnt , won it with last pennys I had.
I can always send it to you to try it :wink:

R181

Grumpy old man
There is some slighty uneaven hone ware, hope it doesnt need regrind , really dont like to regrind my razors.
So glad you didnt , won it with last pennys I had.
I can always send it to you to try it :wink:
Lots of razors have uneven hone wear yet hone up shave ready just nicely.

Bob