Kai pro touch MG

jimthecamera

Forum GOD!
for me the kai is far superior to any feather-seems a bit less thick -so more flexible?? but super smooth shaves each and every time and seems to stay sharp for a long time as well-so more durable than any feather -as an added bonus-

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Best blade out there in my opinion the Kai Pro Touch MG, next would be the Feather Guard, then Schick P’s. Worst was the Feather Soft. Trouble with the Kai’s is they are hard to get. This just got me searching and I managed to nab A pack for £17.99 inc postage. Need a good supplier, Connaught would be the go to but they have been out of stock for a while now.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Have just had my first outing with a KAI Pro Touch MG in a Claymore V1. Felt extremely smooth and comfortable. Upper Face BBS, around the neck not so good, but always have had problems in that area with the Claymore.
Will try it in other Razors to see how it fares and whether as hinted it is better than the Feather Proguard. I find that using a guarded Razor in some Razors allows me to work away to get rid of my heavy growth, without getting weepers or irritation.

IMG_1364.jpg

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Have just had my first outing with a KAI Pro Touch MG in a Claymore V1. Felt extremely smooth and comfortable. Upper Face BBS, around the neck not so good, but always have had problems in that area with the Claymore.
Will try it in other Razors to see how it fares and whether as hinted it is better than the Feather Proguard. I find that using a guarded Razor in some Razors allows me to work away to get rid of my heavy growth, without getting weepers or irritation.

View attachment 87675
Tis a great blade.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have previously lauded the performance of The Kai CT Protouch MG, but the last couple of Shaves have been a revelation. On Sunday I was out officiating for a few hours, and as cloudy did not wear a hat as I should have done - the sun got through the clouds and i got sunburn.

I put off Shaving till Tuesday, and the used my ES Claymore V1 with the Kai Blade. i was surprised that not only was the Shave quality good, but the blade caused no irritation to the sunburnt areas. Today though my upper lip was still sore I had another good Shave and caused no irritation to the sun damaged areas. I think both Shaves were enhanced by my choice of soaps - Tues Vitos Super Red and Today - MWF.

IMG_1498.jpg

Last edited:

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Now on my 8th use of the Kai CT Protouch MG in the Claymore V1. I have a pretty tough beard which ideally responds best to a Daily Shave.
I find that I get terrific results with it, by shaving with quite slow and deliberate strokes. For finishing work it can be used with precision to get rid of awkward areas of stubble, without fear of mishap and I have never felt sore after going for a close shave.
I think it may well be a hero in the AC/SE Shaving world, but folk are put off by the word "Guarded" and perhaps the price. I doubt whether I have had such a succession of good quality Shaves from one blade, obviously well suited to this Razor.

Northam Saint

Forum GOD!
Now on my 8th use of the Kai CT Protouch MG in the Claymore V1. I have a pretty tough beard which ideally responds best to a Daily Shave.
I find that I get terrific results with it, by shaving with quite slow and deliberate strokes. For finishing work it can be used with precision to get rid of awkward areas of stubble, without fear of mishap and I have never felt sore after going for a close shave.
I think it may well be a hero in the AC/SE Shaving world, but folk are put off by the word "Guarded" and perhaps the price. I doubt whether I have had such a succession of good quality Shaves from one blade, obviously well suited to this Razor.
Are indeed a bit pricey, but then the amount of shaves from each blade adds value for money.

MPF9

Forum GOD!
I have just completed my 3rd Shave with the Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG in a RR S/S Hawk V3- OC.It definitely calms the Razor down a bit, so one is able to have a trouble free Shave yet still get an ultra close finish. Works superbly around the neck causing no irritation.

IMG_1591.jpg

Paul L

Forum GOD!
I used a Protouch MG in my Vector yesterday
Until now, I had only used the Vector with a Proline P blade. The MG blade somewhat tamed the Vector, making it a smoother shave.
I think the extra cost is worth paying for these blades

MPF9

Forum GOD!
Tues 2nd August

RR 400. SE Plissoft noir
P & B Citra Royale
Claymore Evolution
Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG ( 1 )
Tuff Green A/S Lotion

My first use of this blade in the Evo. Really works well on my quite tough beard,and two days growth cleared easily.All in all a very smooth comfortable Shave, with a Top Notch finish.

7478D170-0598-4D75-ADEF-B22B72161E85.jpeg