Joshua vs Parker ?

Anyone watching the fight on Saturday?

Will be interesting to see. Any thoughts or predictions..? Could Parker pose a real threat to Joshua ?
Or could his previous elbow injury hamper his chances or will Joshua be way too strong..

:boxing:

Last edited:

2hot 2trot

Forum GOD!
Anyone watching the fight on Saturday?

Will be interesting to see. Any thoughts or predictions..? Could Parker pose a real threat to Joshua ?
Or could his previous elbow injury hamper his chances or will Joshua be way too strong..

:boxing:
Here we are again. :D
Another must watch bout on Saturday.

I predict Joshua to knock him out in round 5.
Too strong and fast for him. My only concern with Joshua is that he sometimes looks a bit flat footed. In that I mean he tends to go in all guns blazing and does not use his feet enough side to side.
In America they train like that. Mike Tyson was a prime example of a boxer who would side step and release those vicious punches off the back foot.
It makes me shiver just thinking about it. :)

Should be a very entertaining event. Cant wait.

Here we are again. :D
Another must watch bout on Saturday.

I predict Joshua to knock him out in round 5.
Too strong and fast for him. My only concern with Joshua is that he sometimes looks a bit flat footed. In that I mean he tends to go in all guns blazing and does not use his feet enough side to side.
In America they train like that. Mike Tyson was a prime example of a boxer who would side step and release those vicious punches off the back foot.
It makes me shiver just thinking about it. :)

Should be a very entertaining event. Cant wait.
Thanks for replying to my boxing posts Wayne..the only one who does hahaha:highfive:
I tend to agree with you..the only other thing others have mentioned is Joshua's stamina and the fact that if Parker get's a lot of good combinations off on Joshua it could rattle him a bit though he managed to recover against Klitschko will be an interesting fight though for sure!

Yeah "Iron Mike" one of the best ever IMHO a heavyweight slugger with the skill and movement of a middleweight and incredible ring IQ and swarming attacks. Terrifying!

Should be a great fight though one contest I really want to see is Billy Joe Saunders vs Gennedy Golovkin..:boxing:

Cheers and enjoy:thumbsup:

Just as a shaving/boxing fact I believe beards didn't used to be allowed in the professional sport..not sure of the rules now but it seems Parker got rid of his recently leading up to the fight...

BartsBalm

Forum GOD!
Just as a shaving/boxing fact I believe beards didn't used to be allowed in the professional sport..not sure of the rules now but it seems Parker got rid of his recently leading up to the fight...
I think beards are still banned from boxing.

I saw a chap on TV, a couple of days ago, from a boxing club stating that in his opinion if boxing was to do away with the beard rule then the UK would have quite a few world champion contenders from Muslim backgrounds.

He knew of a couple who excel at boxing, as a hobby, but for religious reasons do not want to shave their beards, so can’t fight professionally.

A interesting perspective that I had never really thought about.

Last edited:
I think beards are still banned from boxing.

I saw a chap on TV, a couple of days ago, from a boxing club stating that in his opinion if boxing was to do away with the beard rule then the UK would have quite a few world champion contenders from Muslim backgrounds.

He knew of a couple who excel at boxing, as a hobby, but for religious reasons do not want to shave there beards, so can’t fight professionally.

A interesting perspective that I had never really thought about.
Ah very interesting ..thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Definitely don't write off Parker...if he moves right..boxes on the back foot and uses ring craft.. and he has quite a good chin you never know.
A good chin indeed, but I honestly think he's biting off far more than he can chew here. AJ for the knockout in the middle rounds. I say this because Parker has yet to meet a fighter who punches with the concussive power that AJ does, and at the rate he does. Plus, when you look at his bout against Hughie Fury, he showed NOTHING that suggests he has the tools to challenge for these titles.

Well done to Joshua! Not his most emphatic performance by any means IMHO, but did what he had to to win and got the job done, fair play deserved to win.
Commiserations to Parker who took Joshua the distance but in the end wasn't strong enough.

Referee was very poor..

Nick_S

Forum GOD!
Wasn't he just! He didn't allow much at all to develop on the inside. Had he done so, we could have seen more of the uppercut that nearly took Klitschko's head off, could have seen more from Parker. We now also know that AJ can happily go the distance and not gas. I do think he stayed in 3rd gear at most through the fight.

Still, job done, and a classy end to the fight from both men.

Looney12345

Forum GOD!
I'm glad I didn't pay for the fight and watched it on youtube the next day. I found the action pretty dull to be honest and as already said, the ref was poor. Joshua boxed a smart game for the win, but it wasn't the most enjoyable fight I've ever watched.