January 2020 Acquisitions

Missoni

Fellow Traveller
Full circle again for me. The more razors I have used the more I admire the design of the R89; had to have a back-up and liked the look of the resin handled version - R108. If I knew what I knew now I would have stopped at the R89 :). It's ubiquity as a first razor I suspect means that it gets overlooked in terms of how good it really is. Edwin Jagger and Andreas Muhle created a little bit of magic when they collaborated, me thinks.

525836F8-CCCF-467B-AE6E-75B5CD8398DC_4_5005_c.jpeg

Will-J

Veteran
Few bits from PP.

Their Oud Wood clone is one of the better ones I’ve tried, giving the stronger version a go in spray form.

Also picked up their AdP Colonia Intensa and Spice Bomb copies, former is pretty good to my nose but not too sure about the latter.

7939AB19-D753-4EA7-A960-DD91F893A493.jpeg

Batch300

Extraordinarily Uncomplicated
IMG_1422.jpeg

Purchased with help from a gentleman and scholar @Wayne.

Basically an "artistic replica" of a Photo by Richard Avedon - Jean Shrimpton photographed for Harper’s Bazaar, April 1965 (via).
Jean Shrimpton was born in London in 1942, called the world's first supermodel, and often credited with the Mini Skirt popularity.

While not sure of the original intent, Space Girl does show women as astronauts, in science, etc.

Thanks Wayne and Mitrebox Framing in Minneapolis

NJDJ

Legendary Member
I have a small collection of early M&F brushes. I have wanted to add one of these for some time now and just got this new addition for my Den: A Morris & Forndran 3xl Ivory with Tortoise Bands, all Lee. Pictured here with her brother 3xl in all Tortoise, also a pre collaboration brush. The picture doesn't do it justice. It is very classy looking in person and has that great heritage hair from 2013.

20200104_171740.jpg

Wayne

Forum Sod
View attachment 60708
Purchased with help from a gentleman and scholar @Wayne.

Basically an "artistic replica" of a Photo by Richard Avedon - Jean Shrimpton photographed for Harper’s Bazaar, April 1965 (via).
Jean Shrimpton was born in London in 1942, called the world's first supermodel, and often credited with the Mini Skirt popularity.

While not sure of the original intent, Space Girl does show women as astronauts, in science, etc.

Thanks Wayne and Mitrebox Framing in Minneapolis
Looks fantastic mate.

Optometrist

Forum GOD!
@Optometrist Nice additions with the Jaws and Envoy David👍.I look forward to your views on both, particularly the Jaws as I may get it myself soon.
Thank you.
The Jaws is mid aggressive and smooth although there is some feel from the teeth. Not quite as comfortable and smooth as the 0.90 SB START razor I've been using for nearly a week, but more efficient, certainly. This morning, I have just enough beard, after 24hrs from using the JAWS, to shave again, but I'll give it another day to use the Envoy with 2 days' growth.