Review ITALIAN BARBERSHOP By LPL !!

PapySnake

Forum GOD!
Bonjour messieurs, Hello Gentlemen, Hola Amigos,
After sharing my feelings for some soaps such as the LPL RDP, Lainess and the Razzbocket Mango Folie, I suggest you discover today : ITALIAN BARBERSHOP By LPL.

The container seems to be identical to that of the Havana Pogonotomie by LPL (exclusive Artdubarbier.com). This is a nice plastic container of sufficient diameter to charge my shaving brush. Note that I tend to prefer containers of 200 grams. I compare the container of this soap with that of the Razzbocket Mango Folie and those of the WSP. A picture always speaks better than a long speech:

The shaving soap itself is 100% Vegetal / Vegan, here is the composition:
Potassium cocoate, potassium stearate, aqua, butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Coconut Fatty Acid, Glycérine, Parfum, Limonene, Linalol, Geraniol, Eugenol, Benzoat de benzyle. I took the opportunity to take an interest in certain elements making up this shaving soap:
Limonene, element that is found in many essential oils, described as smelling clean, orange.
Linalol, it is found in many essential oils (Lavender, bergamot, rosewood), it would be an organic compound weakly soluble in water (according to what I read on the internet).
Geraniol, it is found in perfumery to create perfumes like peach, raspberry, orange .... or lemon.
Eugenol, Present among others in the clove.

As for the soap itself, I was very surprised. IMO, this shaving soap marks a real turning in regards to the LPL range.
Why then tell me?
In the sense that as soon as I unpacked, I had the impression that I bought a relatively hard shaving soap. This impression was confirmed by touching and using soap. Never before had I had an LPL as hard, although it was not as hard as a Razzbocket Mango Folie or a WSP.
When unpacking the soap, before I carried out my research on the elements making up this shaving soap, I was surprised by this very orange / lemon / citrus scent. It feels superbly good. It is original, and it should be pointed out that I love the fruity / citrus shaving soaps. In use, the scent orange and lemon explodes quickly and a touch of clove intervenes in the background.
This is the first time that an LPL surprises me with such a "complex" perfume, one feels that real work was carried out concerning the perfume of this LPL. Remember that I always appreciated my LPL (Abricot, RDP, LE 2016, Lainess), especially for their scent, but this time this ITALIAN BARBERSHOP by LPL clearly shows a greater complexity of perfume.

As for the foam itself. I have three shaves to this day with this shaving soap. I will present to you my feelings during each of these three shaves. I state that I used a synthetic brush each time. No shaving brushes currently. During these three shaves, the foam was perfectly covering, protective and effective. The post-shave effect is also excellent, but its scent is what I prefer above all else.

The first with this ITALIAN BARBERSHOP, in Face Lathering. I charged my shaving brush as normal and did not add enough water. I quickly realized that my foam was too "plaster", I added water to catch the foam and I got enough foam to make two and a half passes. The third pass lacked foam for my taste.
During the second shave always in FL, I quickly confirmed my initial feeling, this shaving soap requires to add more water during the assembly of the foam than my other LPL.
During the third shave (FL), I reiterate and validate my first findings, this soap requires to add a more water during the creation of the foam than my other shaving soaps.

Making a nice foam with LPL is however always easier using a synthetic shaving brush.

Finally a soap "hard" and with the scent relatively complex, available for sale directly on the site of Cyril (Leperelucien). It is excellent, and if I had to keep only one soap, I will have a hard time choosing between a cherry laity, an Italian Barbershop By LPL and a Razzbocket Mango Folie ...

Last edited:

Cornishman

An excellent review PapySnake. Thank you!
I am very interested in this soap, especially as it's vegetarian. I shall definitely consider purchasing a tub. Hopefully it will soon be available here in the UK.

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Nice review, I have LPL original but didn't continue down the LPL tree. Personal reasons, including crystallisation of the soap, which to me suggested dehydration over a very short period of time.
One other thing the inclusion of Benzyl benzoate would be of concern to me, obviously I'm picky and YMMV.

PapySnake

Forum GOD!
Nice review, I have LPL original but didn't continue down the LPL tree. Personal reasons, including crystallisation of the soap, which to me suggested dehydration over a very short period of time.
One other thing the inclusion of Benzyl benzoate would be of concern to me, obviously I'm picky and YMMV.
I fully understand your feelings, even though for my part (having tested Mike's, WSP, Razorock, 3P, ...)
I had never found better than my LPL and Lainess before trying Razzbocket.

PapySnake

Forum GOD!
Remember that initially, when you do not know the LPL well, make a nice foam with LPL is always easier using a synthetic shaving brush.