Is It Just Me?

p.b

Forum GOD!
As a society we have too much disposable income (despite what is feels like at the end of the month) - if we didn't then these luxury products simply wouldn't exist.

If one thinks a product is over-priced or not good value for money then don't buy it and if enough agree with you then it'll cease to be offered.

For me personally Fine aftershaves reached that point. When they went from £15 to £25 I classified them as over-priced Vs. their value to me and they won't be purchased again. It would be interesting to see their sales figures pre- and post- price increase. The increase might not be profiteering, it might be as a result of increased over-heads, ingredient increases, red-tape, performance improvements, but WE the market will decide if that is sustainable.

For artisans I suspect that the wet-shaving market is big enough to create a lot of hard-work but not big enough to allow them to retire early and enjoy their fleet of Porsche 911s.

JonnyBGood

Forum GOD!
Let’s not forget that neither the artisans or the “hobby” would exist without the internet that brings shop windows, market places and forums, communities and individuals together.

We are lucky to have artisans and they are lucky to have us but without the internet it would different game all together