Ingram Cream - Discontinued At Superdrug / Savers?

SeanC

Forum GOD!
Whilst the UK demise of Palmolive soap has been well publicised due to close-out pricing, this appears to have crept in under the radar

In the last few days I've visited 3 branches of Superdrug and 2 Savers branches in London and there has been not a trace of Ingram anywhere. Almost as if it has never existed, not even clearance reductions, just gone. It's also not on the Superdrug website either.

Last edited:

Dr Watson

The Other James
It's been gone for at least 2 months, I know as I went to buy some and found it had been replaced with crappy Pinaud stuff. It's still available from other online retailers but perhaps @Paul could shed some light as he stocks it (I think?)

Hopefully it's still being made and Superdrug have just dropped it rather than complete discontinuation.

SeanC

Forum GOD!
It's been gone for at least 2 months, I know as I went to buy some and found it had been replaced with crappy Pinaud stuff. It's still available from other online retailers but perhaps @Paul could shed some light as he stocks it (I think?)

Hopefully it's still being made and Superdrug have just dropped it rather than complete discontinuation.
I noticed the replacement Pinaud products which were also accompanied by an increase in their range of beard oils and balms just as that particular fad is starting to fade away

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
This is very disturbing as I consider Ingram's as one of the greats. I shall look into this and stock up if necessary. Thank you for the heads up!

Real shame if it is discontinued..very nice cream with a nice wallop of menthol. Love it during the summer months for travelling. Budget price but great performance.

Cristobal

Forum GOD!

This chap seemed to have produced a pretty decent lather from the soap.

culcreuch

Ooooops!
It actually doesn't matter to me how well an alternative lathers.....its the loss of another British staple of the shaving world. It is nigh on 50 years since I started shaving and the only soaps and creams readily available where I lived were Erasmic Palmolive and Ingram. I have used them for my life time and after this the only easy to find option is Erasmic....but for how long???

R181

Grumpy old man
It actually doesn't matter to me how well an alternative lathers.....its the loss of another British staple of the shaving world. It is nigh on 50 years since I started shaving and the only soaps and creams readily available where I lived were Erasmic Palmolive and Ingram. I have used them for my life time and after this the only easy to find option is Erasmic....but for how long???
Yes, it is tough when the old inexpensive easily had reliables disappear. I started about the same time as you and none of the shave creams I started on are available locally anymore in my part of Canada. Palmolive is still available on the net but Noxzema is long gone.

Bob

RandySp

Legendary Member
I didn't care about Ingram. I have the 60gr version from Egypt and it's better than the UK version. So if the UK Ingram is discontinued, I will still have the Egyptian one.