Ingram Cream - Discontinued At Superdrug / Savers?

Discussion in 'Shaving Creams' started by SeanC, Mar 25, 2019.

1. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

Whilst the UK demise of Palmolive soap has been well publicised due to close-out pricing, this appears to have crept in under the radar

In the last few days I've visited 3 branches of Superdrug and 2 Savers branches in London and there has been not a trace of Ingram anywhere. Almost as if it has never existed, not even clearance reductions, just gone. It's also not on the Superdrug website either.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2019
  2. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

It's been gone for at least 2 months, I know as I went to buy some and found it had been replaced with crappy Pinaud stuff. It's still available from other online retailers but perhaps @Paul could shed some light as he stocks it (I think?)

Hopefully it's still being made and Superdrug have just dropped it rather than complete discontinuation.

SeanC likes this.
  3. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

I noticed the replacement Pinaud products which were also accompanied by an increase in their range of beard oils and balms just as that particular fad is starting to fade away

[​IMG]

4. Nishy

Nishy Forum GOD! Staff Member

This is very disturbing as I consider Ingram's as one of the greats. I shall look into this and stock up if necessary. Thank you for the heads up!

Shaverrific666 likes this.
  5. Real shame if it is discontinued..very nice cream with a nice wallop of menthol. Love it during the summer months for travelling. Budget price but great performance.

R181 likes this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Guru

image.jpg Ingram is still alive and kicking in Egypt!

RandySp and culcreuch like this.
  7. Fox

Fox The Soap Artisan

I wonder if they are making space for Wickhams? :laugh:

Paul L, DamianJ, Yehuda D and 3 others like this.
  8. Paul

Paul Connaught Shaving Vendor

My supplier is OOS & I can't find another, sorry.

Yehuda D and Dr Watson like this.
  9. Dr Watson

Dr Watson The Other James

[​IMG]

That's not good news... Now's the time to panic! :(

Yehuda D, Gairdner and Shaverrific666 like this.
  10. Cristobal

Cristobal Forum GOD!

This chap seemed to have produced a pretty decent lather from the soap.

Yehuda D and R181 like this.
  11. culcreuch

culcreuch Ooooops!

It actually doesn't matter to me how well an alternative lathers.....its the loss of another British staple of the shaving world. It is nigh on 50 years since I started shaving and the only soaps and creams readily available where I lived were Erasmic Palmolive and Ingram. I have used them for my life time and after this the only easy to find option is Erasmic....but for how long???

Shaverrific666, Yehuda D and Gairdner like this.
  12. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Yes, it is tough when the old inexpensive easily had reliables disappear. I started about the same time as you and none of the shave creams I started on are available locally anymore in my part of Canada. Palmolive is still available on the net but Noxzema is long gone.

Bob

culcreuch likes this.
  13. R181

R181 Grumpy old man

Just may have to give that one a go. Thanks for posting that vid.

Bob

14. RandySp

RandySp ATG Official Member

I didn't care about Ingram. I have the 60gr version from Egypt and it's better than the UK version. So if the UK Ingram is discontinued, I will still have the Egyptian one.

Yehuda D likes this.
  15. SeanC

SeanC Forum GOD!

Maybe time for @Gairdner to put away a lifetime stash

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Yehuda D and Gairdner like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice