Ikon B1 Slant - WOW!

2LabDad

Über Member
I ordered on of these from Ikon, waited for a 3 day growth period and had one of the best and smooooothest shaves ever. This is "an amazing piece of kit". And the smoothness was not due just to having a 3-day growth. I shaved the next day with it and loved it. This is not aggressive as most say. I used a GSB the first run and an Israeli Persona the second shave. Very impressed - and i came with one of the best handles in the game as well - the Ikon Bulldog.
 

basileusss

Senior Member
2LabDad,wich blades you used? I tried 5 types in mine and the only way to get one aligned ( manually) was to cut it in half ( glue cleaned with acetone ,all yt suggestions tried , etc etc )
 

wintoid

Out of control
For me, the B1 slant is that very rare thing, a razor I *don't* get along with. Wish I did, but I don't.
 

vlasta

Cow Punch
Vendor
I have an Ikon x3 slant with an Ikon OSS handle and it is a great shave. I am not sure the "slant" really makes any difference though but it IS a great razor.
 

2LabDad

Über Member
Vlasta , wanna have mine for one of your Outlaw heads? ( fair warning , i only keep it because i am amazed how wrong it is)
basileusss, I am never surprised anymore when one thing is amazing for 99% of people out there but really terrible for the remaining 1%........ my face absolutely hates Wizzamets and PolSilvers - I mean deep seeded hate. I swapped out 480 Wizzamet blades (I tried 2 whole tucks on 6 different razors) for some lovely GSB's and more Israeli Red Personas. As such, get rid of the damn thing - UNLESS YOU THINK IT COULD BE DEFECTIVE - and then you need to contact IKON. They are a reputable company and if there is a chance it is out of specs, I think they would replace it.
 

2LabDad

Über Member
2LabDad,wich blades you used? I tried 5 types in mine and the only way to get one aligned ( manually) was to cut it in half ( glue cleaned with acetone ,all yt suggestions tried , etc etc )
I like the Israeli Personas and GSB's for sure. I also really like KAI blades in it as well b/c they are more rigid and the slant / torque really makes em' stable. Feathers are not my fav in this razor, but I love them in my RR baby face!
 

basileusss

Senior Member
Oh,i have long way till actually enjoy shaving with it,first i wanna see a blade aligned.
Good ideea,i am gonna send that video to iKon .
Could be the same thing as with Voshkods- everybody loves them ,they hate me.
 

slapo

Forum GOD!
It's interesting iKon seems to have fallen off the radar in a way, but the the X3 is decent, the ShaveCraft 101 and the SBS are very good, the ShaveCraft 103 and the B1 OSS are excellent. I've had my eye on the B1 slant, too, but I currently prefer non-slants, so it'll likely wait.
 
Top