icoloniali

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Having used the mango and rhubarb cream I thought I'd give the mango soap a try, especially if rumours of this soap being stopped are true. Now I had read elsewhere that the two scents differ. I was dubious as to how much.

Soap arrived today and the scent profile of the two could not be more different. The soap has a harder clove impact, whilst the cream a sweeter almost amber on cinnamon tone. What then threw everything out the pram was the energising shower cream. Blimey that is the mango and rhubarb cream on steroids with a vein of freshly milled black pepper. Absolutely divine. Go to the EDT and you get fresh linen, zero spice. I do enjoy when a house/company doesn't simply clone scents with a more concentrated outlook, but instead varies the profile whilst keeping the heart the same. Shower cream is going on order :)

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Having used the mango and rhubarb cream I thought I'd give the mango soap a try, especially if rumours of this soap being stopped are true. Now I had read elsewhere that the two scents differ. I was dubious as to how much.

Soap arrived today and the scent profile of the two could not be more different. The soap has a harder clove impact, whilst the cream a sweeter almost amber on cinnamon tone. What then threw everything out the pram was the energising shower cream. Blimey that is the mango and rhubarb cream on steroids with a vein of freshly milled black pepper. Absolutely divine. I do enjoy when a house/company doesn't simply clone scents with a more concentrated outlook, but instead varies the profile whilst keeping the heart the same. Shower cream is going on order :)
Which of the two cream or soap hit better on the factors other than scent

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
Which of the two cream or soap hit better on the factors other than scent
Soap is slicker, cream is thicker. I would lean on the side of the soap. My next move will be to use the two together. I picked up the refill which is quite large, if this fits the terracotta bowl I would be surprised.

Missoni

Fellow Traveller

Soap arrived today and the scent profile of the two could not be more different. The soap has a harder clove impact, whilst the cream a sweeter almost amber on cinnamon tone. What then threw everything out the pram was the energising shower cream. Blimey that is the mango and rhubarb cream on steroids with a vein of freshly milled black pepper. Absolutely divine. Go to the EDT and you get fresh linen, zero spice. I do enjoy when a house/company doesn't simply clone scents with a more concentrated outlook, but instead varies the profile whilst keeping the heart the same. Shower cream is going on order :)

Good scent description - thank you. The soap is new to me; exceeded my expectations - wonderful.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
Soap is slicker, cream is thicker. I would lean on the side of the soap. My next move will be to use the two together. I picked up the refill which is quite large, if this fits the terracotta bowl I would be surprised.
Confused as i've read in some reviews the cream is non foaming/lathering. Are there two types of the cream?

Nishy

Forum GOD!
Staff member
stolen picture but I use this cream, with a badger brush and works perfectly simulataenously. One thing that is evident to me is the lack of slickness with the cream when compared to the soap. Lovely stuff though. I do prefer the soap, just bought 2 pucks just incase the rumours are true.

Mr Bigmem

Forum GOD!
stolen picture but I use this cream, with a badger brush and works perfectly simulataenously. One thing that is evident to me is the lack of slickness with the cream when compared to the soap. Lovely stuff though. I do prefer the soap, just bought 2 pucks just incase the rumours are true.
Picture?

Darkbulb

Member #10

The smoky mango hard shaving soap is absolutely amazing. Sad to see them shutting down their shaving products line.